Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikethelen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:07 PM
    True or false?
    If the demand for money increases and the Fed wants to target interest rates,

The money supply will have to increase. True or false?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Homework?
    Mikethelen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:45 PM
    Just, can't understand the way my book explains it and yes it's a part of my homework, but I don't want to get a bad grade in class.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Tell us what you think and why, we can then advise you on your answer.

Also remember your teacher wants what the book says, and wants you to know why, not just a pure T or F.

Also we have people form various political view points here they may see the answer in different terms from their political view point, which may not match your books answer
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikethelen
    If the demand for money increases and the Fed wants to target interest rates,

the money supply will have to increase. True or false?
    If this question is worded exactly this way in the book, it doesn't surprise me that you can't follow the author's explanation of the central bank's role and function in a national economy because he apparently doesn't understand it very well either.

The conceptual model that the question is based on assumes that money is like any other product and the Fed is like any other supplier, and that the interest rate is the market price of that product. To the extent that these assumptions are appropriate (IMO, not at all), the answer to the question would be True.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is an e'mail traceable back to the sender?

True are false [ 5 Answers ]

2. True are false debtors are protected from losing the value of their property as a result of the automatic stay. 3. True are false the same principles cover the filing of a chapter petition and a chapter 11 proceeding. 4. A bankruptcy may be commenced by involuntary petition under chapter...

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is a cell of animals prokaryotes

True or false? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that if you lose wieght you stretch marks will become less noticeable?

View more questions Search