Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tragik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 02:01 PM
    Sign-in issue
    Not sure if this would go here, so patience is appreciated.

My sister-in-law is having problems signing in to messengers and the like. I looked up possible resolutions and found one, but I have been unable to get it going. The resolution was to re-register a series of .dll files, which I did, but the problem is still not resolved. Is there an addition/alternate fix that I have been unable to find? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Jeremy
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Have you tried an UNinstall REinstall??

Could you also give us more information as to the nature of the problem, like error messages, etc.
    Tragik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Some more details:

When trying to sign-in to anything (messengers, e-mail, etc), she either gets a message saying that she cannot sign in at this time, or the page just goes to a "page cannot open." I looked up the issue online, and found a thread on this website detailing the issue back in March, with a resolution found over at Microsofts's page. The issue is that certain .dll files needed to be re-registered. So, using the cmd option for run, I re-registered all of the files needed. However, the problem still exists. I decided to reboot after a second attempt at re-registering them, but still no dice. She still cannot sign-in to messengers or e-mail.

Any other questions or ideas? It has nothing to do with the actual msn/yahoo software that I can think of, so I am assuming it is indeed the .dll issue. Unfortunately, there must be more to my solution that I have found.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is This An Early Sign? [ 2 Answers ]

This question is for anyone familiar with tracking ovulation via basal body temp, cervical position & cerv. Mucous. I've been tracking my ovulation this way for the past several months, and I've been pretty predictable by all three factors. This month, it's different... I was 'scheduled' to...

Co Sign Trouble [ 8 Answers ]

Several years ago my grandmother was nice enough to co-sign a loan for me a new car. Five years later I'm only 3-4 months away from paying it off, and I've had a couple late payments, but nothing over 30 days. Last October she was asked me to do the same for her. I was reluctant because I was...

View more questions Search