Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Audrey_Jean23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Inactive birthcontrol pills
    Yaz birthcontrol has 4 inactive pills at the end of each pack if I have sex during those pills will I have a normal riskof getting pregnant
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:36 PM
    No

EDIT OK I'll explain some more but I need to find some graphs first
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Back again, found a good one.
    Graph
    The blue line is your normal oestrogen levels and the green your progesterone. What the pill does is mask your normal oestrogen levels so that you don't get that big spike in the middle. When it spikes like that you ovulate and therefore you can get pregnant. The contraceptive pill also contains progesterone which thickens the cervical mucus (amoungst other things) and aids pregnancy prevention.

The dummy pills won't affect your chances of getting pregnant providing you took the others correctly and there was nothing affecting your metabolism of your pill. This is because you would not have ovulated, no egg = no baby.

Of course no method of contraception is 100% effective; there are a myriad of reasons you might ovulate anyway. But the dummy pill won't affect this.

Many contraceptive pills don't even have dummy pills but instead just instruct a break. It depends on the type and manufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birthcontrol pills [ 1 Answers ]

The last time I had a perios was January 15-18 2008. If I start taking a pack of 28 day pills today, will my next period be around the same time as last month or will it be in 28 days?

Closing Account vs. Inactive [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mervyn's department store card and it was one of the first cards I got when I turned 18, I am now 23. The card has longevity and good payment history. However, all Mervyn's stores have closed in my state so that guarantees I will never use this card ever again. So my question is if it is...

View more questions Search