Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crystal_Lee19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Can this drug interfere with the results of a blood test
    Thank you jesus helper. I have one more question. If I do happen to be pregnant, the night I would've conceived was the last time I have done cocaine. Would this lessen the chance of conception occurring and also will it have an affect on the result of the blood test if I am? (it being in my system wouldn't affect an unborn child if it was conceived that same night would it? I couldn't live with myself if I knew I had anything to do with an abnormality of a child .I am not trying to jump the gun just feel very anxious because of the lack of drugs.. crappy because of the pms or pregnancy.. and just scared.. very very scared)Also I smoke and should quit that either way too.. THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE I Don't KNOW WHAT I WOULD'VE DONE IF I HAD TO HOLD ALL THIS IN ANY LONGER.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
    I am not sure how to answer this. I am going to do a little research but remember the best answers will come from your doctors.

I am going to look up some info on drug use during pregnancy but that is if the habit is continued during pregnancy I gather if you actually did stop then the chanches of it effecting the baby are less. Cocaine can remain in your body for up to 72 hours after taking it in. It also depends on the method.

Starting on a prenatal is very important. So that you are getting the vitamins in your system necessary for the care of your baby and you. This is if you are pregnant.

I would suggest start on prenatal vitamins right now just to be on the safe side. Try another test but wait a few more days. Always do the test first thing in the morning when you first wake up. That would be best time.

As of smoking, smoking during pregnancy and even too many caffiene products increase the chanches of miscarriage as you well know cocaine is the same.

I hope this helps you and your right, it is better to get out in the open. You want to remain calm and remaining calm will help you think straighter and get the best care you and your possible baby will need.

Joe

I could not find anything about that drug effecting a pregnancy test. Please make an appointment with the doctor for a blood test for pregnancy as soon as you can.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Jan 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
    I seriously doubt that on the night of conception that the drug would have a huge effect, as most of the effect of drugs on pregnancy occur during developmental phases of the fetus' brain and organs. I would definitely recommend NOT DOING ANYMORE COCAINE
    MicheleDD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2012, 07:51 PM
    Actually, if the baby's merconium, first poop, is tested it could have a detectable amount in the sample. The good news is that it will either be positive or negative. No in between for that sample.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug Test [ 6 Answers ]

I am 19 years old, 5'11", about 130 lbs and have smoked weed for 1 and a half years prior to quit, I cut back to 2 hits a month for 1 month and for the past month and a half I have been clean of everything, I'm not big, I have a high metabolism, and I took a detox drink called ready clean, its for...

Drug Test! [ 8 Answers ]

How Long Will Marijuana Stay In Your System? In My Case It Was My First Time Ever Smoking Weed And Me And Three Friends Shared A Dime Bag, Which Really Isn't A lot, I Didn't Feel The High Or Anything. This Happened On The Saturday The 2nd. I Have To Take A Drug Test For A Job And Im Scared It'll...

Showing syptoms but negative test results [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am about 25 yrs old and a mother of one. I have a question for anyone out there who has experience this particual situation. Just to start I am not on any kind of birthcontrol at all. Now I am about 4 days late and I am showing signs of pregnancy i.e... morning sickness, tender breast,...

View more questions Search