Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyndy Ridgeway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Where can I find scholarships available for convicted felons?
    I have been recently released from prison in the state of Georgia and I am interested in returning to college. Where can I find scholarships or grants for female convicted felons?
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 4, 2007, 10:40 AM
    The BEST absolute BEST scholarship web site is fastweb.com they offer over 1 million scholarships check it out, I garentee you won't be disapointed!
    motivated Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by victoria_mitchell View Post
    The BEST absolute BEST scholarship web site is fastweb.com they offer over 1 million scholarships check it out, I garentee you wont be disapointed!!
    There used to be a sitcom years ago called "The Facts of Life" and you look like the chick name Blair.:) Seriously!!
    Donnafoley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndy Ridgeway View Post
    I have been recently released from prison in the state of Georgia and I am interested in returning to college. Where can I find scholarships or grants for female convicted felons?
    I AM LOOKING FOR SAME THING IF YOU FIND USEABLE SITES LET ME KNOW. [email protected]//////THANKS,DONNA:confused::confused:
    Joy Loffler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 02:22 PM

Has anyone heard of released convicted felons being eligible for SSI?
    loyaleleo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Yes my husband just got awarded his last month.
    dlservices1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:20 PM
    I was convicted of a felony and did some work release; I never heard of anyone getting SSI. Just curious as to why someone would get it unless there was a medical reason. Also I am interested in getting a scholarship in order to go to college. Time for me to start over and do it right this time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2010, 03:04 AM
    Just so everyone knows who continues to post on this thread...

It's now really old and archived, so not generally visible, unless someone happens to vist the forum topic area where it's located, or is notified that there's activity on it because they've already posted on it.

If you would like for your question to get the most exposure, please do start a new thread.

Thanks!
    sragee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 10:01 AM

As long as your felony is not drug related you are eligible for financial aid.
    Soloman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Ref: sragee: If you have Drug offenses/convictions and received treatment, you can receive financial aid. Please do your research before you attempt to give insite.
    GetSillyOh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 07:28 PM
    Felons are eligible to receive financial aid, federal grants as long as the conviction wasn't while already obtaining federal assistance.

I am a convicted felon, going to college on a federal pell grant. I applied through FAFSA. ( http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ ) Then I just provided my school with some additional information regarding my income... and I was enrolled the next semester.
    jen75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 02:03 PM
    IF you talk to financial aid, you will find out that you can get help, as long as you ARE NOT in college when you get a drug charge. There are all types of scholarships out there you can try to look for... felons, some go off last names, (maybe even first name) religion, race, sex, age, degree you are wanting to go into, statistics like rape, battered women, disabilities, etc. You just have to look at different aspects. NARROW YOUR SEARCH!
    chadsrussell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 08:03 AM
    I also have a drug conviction and am in college as we speak. I pay nothing out of pocket via financial aid. The rule regardind FAFSA (question #23) is as folows: As long as you were not convicted of a felony while you were receiving financial aid, you should be fine.
    spookey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Weather you are a felon or not is not even on the application for FASFA, student aid, Pall grant etc. The government will make more money off you if you have a degree and pay taxes. As far as drug convictions go, They can and will require drug tests. Read the FASFA restrictions Charter. The question is weather you will be able to get into college. Another common myth. Felony conviction is not even on the application for a passport. I am a felon receiving financial aid right now. Convicted of distributing marijuana in Nebraska.
    scorpius4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 05:30 PM
    I would like to know where to find this research. I am a felon and i want to go back to school someone please tell me where to start...
    kaymason28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Where can I get a grant or something for being a convicted felon?
    sicksick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Just finished my first semester ,after being released little over ayear ago for poss. Heroin wasn't a prob ,looking for scholarships now that I've established a 4.0 gpa
    Any advice or direction lmk
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2012, 11:38 AM
    You should talk to the Finance dept at your school as they will be able to assist you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarships for convicted felons [ 21 Answers ]

I'm interested to know if convicted felons can apply for some financial aid of any sort.. are there specifically any scholarships for felons to apply? Thanks

International travel for convicted felons [ 41 Answers ]

My friend is a convicted felon. I know he can't travel to canada until five years past the date of his crime or the end of his sentence (whichever is later)... But what about other countries? In particular europe? France, uk, etc. Will be denied entry? At the border? He already has a...

Financial aid / scholarships for felons? [ 1 Answers ]

What, if any, financial aid or scholarships are available for a recently released felon?

Availability of passport for convicted felons [ 29 Answers ]

My fiancée and I are planning out our honeymoon, but recent media articles have put a damper on these plans. We've read that in January 2007, all American citizens traveling throughout the Caribbean, and Mexico must be in possession of a U.S. passport. This even applies to simple border crossings....

Convicted Felons and travel [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon travel to the Caribbean? If so, is a passport required or will a certified birth certificate do?

View more questions Search