Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Feb 25, 2010, 08:26 AM
    Dog boots
    My GSD is almost twelve and has some hip issues. He will wear boots to got outside to keep his pads from freezing. My home is now all carpet except for the kitchen which I have a floor rug to keep him from slipping. I am getting married in May and we just found a house that we will move into in April. The new house has hardwood on the first floor and stairs. He is terrified of slippery surfaces. Does anyone know if there are booties with little treads on them for big size dogs. He sleeps in the bedroom so getting up and down the stairs is the biggest issue.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 10:58 AM

I know the problem well ! You could buy baby booties with non slip soles, or toddler size with non slip soles. I believe that would work for him. He is already used to wearing outside pads, so it should work ! If they don't have the proper fastenings, I am sure you could adapt the booties for him.

Tick
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 04:47 PM

I haven't tried anything like these, but I wonder if something like this might be an alternative for your dog: Non Slip Pads for Dogs / Non-Slip Paw-Pads -- Orvis

They are non-slip pads that adhere to the animal's pads.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 07:15 PM

I found really thin cotton ones with rubber soles at Wal Mart. Plus at the dollar store here they sell the really cheap version of the outdoor ones, but they are so poorly made that they work for inside.
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Feb 25, 2010, 09:03 PM

Thanks all. I will start looking tomorrow.That way I can find some he will keep on!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 05:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mydogquestion View Post
    Thanks all. I will start looking tomorrow.That way I can find some he will keep on!
    Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cowboy boots [ 2 Answers ]

Did you hear about the Texas teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots? He asked for help and she could see why. Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. By the time they got the second boot on, she had worked...

New boots [ 5 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, are Californians. Bert always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots. So seeing some on sale one day, he buys them & wears them home, walking proudly. He walks into the house and says to his wife: 'Notice anything different about me?' Margaret looks him...

The Boots [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, move to Texas . Bert always Wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he Buys them and wears them home. Walking proudly he goes into the kitchen and says to his wife, "Notice Anything different about me?" Margaret looks him...

View more questions Search