Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxXxJeSxXxX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 09:39 AM
    I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight
    Hi guys and gals.
    I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?
    cj23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Think about it this way you are what you eat.. do you eat breakfest ? If so what do you eat? What snacks do you eat? Do you eat white rice, bread, pasta?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 10:46 AM

You should have healthy balanced meals, regularly, and avoid in-between snacks.
    Chew well your food before swallowing. This helps, for sure.
    Have at least 1 litre of water daily.
    Try substituting the food you eat by vegetables or fruits when you can.
    Exercise your body at least twice daily, for about an hour.

Btw, what's your weight, and height?

Aug 8, 2009, 04:11 PM

Well I am 5 "1.5 and I weigh about 200 ( I know I'm over weight remember this I am trying ot get healthy)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2009, 04:18 PM
    What is your diet and exercise routine like?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 08:09 AM

Exercise is essential for good health, but losing weight is about diet. Cut out the junk food and eat more vegetables, proteins and healthy fat.

Aug 10, 2009, 06:19 PM

OK well when I was on a really good diest routine a few months ago I was losing about 2 lbs a week and but once summer hit I was all out of wack and exercising really isn't my thing its so not fun and I don't know how people can say it is how can I make it fun?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XxXxJeSxXxX View Post
    ok well when i was on a really good diest routine a few months ago i was loosing about 2 lbs a week and but once summer hit i was all out of wack adn exercising realy isnt my thing its so not fun and i dont kno how people can say it is how cna i make it fun?
    I don't think its fun either, but it's a lot more fun than being overweight.

Make it your thing. Load up your iPod with good music and just do it. You will get to the point that you look forward to working out. Its only the first few weeks that are tough, really.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 08:50 AM

Well, if your 'people' say it's fun, why not exercise with them? That would be a great idea to do some jogging with friends. Well, it all depends now, if you prefer jogging alone or with someone, or perhaps with your pet (if you have a dog). Ah, and avoid fizzy drinks, I forgot to mention that the other day.
    lianmarie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Avoid sodas , swimming n running are the best exercise . Swimming works everything in your body & its not boring. N you have to believe in yourself & a big step is eating healthy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Teen weight loss in a month. [ 6 Answers ]

Please help! I am 17yrs. Old and I have a senior trip coming up in may. I want to lose weight so that I can look good in my bathing suit. I am a little self conscious of my weight. :o I am 5"8 and 186 pounds. :eek: I think I am suppose to be around 160. I would do what ever it takes. And Im not...

Teen looking for your opinion on weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have 79 more days of summer to lose weight. I need to know the following Okay, my target areas are my stomach, my thighs, and my butt Do you think walking 1 mile 3 days a week and no eating sugar will cut it off? Please if there's anythuing you think I could do I wan the best...

Teen weight loss vs building muscle [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, Basically what I am trying to get at is to improve myself confidence by changing the image I haveof myself. I am currently 5'10" and weight about 190, though I am dissatisfied with my body the way it is. I would like to do whta it takes to make me more comfortable when I am in public...

View more questions Search