Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Hot water faucet
    My question is that my upstairs bathroom tub/shower the cold water runs fine. The hot water is much slower to come out of the faucet. I have faucets for both cold and hot water. They are Gerber faucets and I tried to remove the stem from the hot water to check it by removing the handle and the wall plate. How can I remove the stem to check it, I think it maybe clogged or corroded.
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 14, 2006, 06:13 AM
    First remove the handle and chrome cover plate. You will see a brass nut on the stem,(see image). Unscrew that and back the stem and washer assembly out counter clockwise. Don't forget to run your fingernail around the seat to check for nicks or rough spots. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low water pressure outside faucet [ 1 Answers ]

One outdoor faucet water pressure has decreased dramatically in the last month. Other two are fine. No new plumbing installations recently. Copper pipes. No leaks detected. Easy to access. Silcock looks to be 10 yrs old or less. House built in 1967. Sound like a new spigot or just a washer...

Water won't come back on for faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I've had a minor leak for the Kohler Alterna faucet I have and decided to determine if it's coming from the cold water or hot water this morning. The faucet has two knobs and below the faucet are two shutoff valves (assumed) corresponding to each knob. The right side is the cold water and the...

No water in my kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed my water supply lines under the sink, because they were leaking, so I decided to replace my kitchen sprayer also. Since I have changed the lines and the sprayer, there in no water at all coming from the hot or the cold, only from the sprayer which has pretty good pressure. It was...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

New sink faucet but water won't come out [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new sink, facuet and supply water lines. When I turned on the water for first time water came out for a few seconds then stopped. I diconnected the water lines from the faucet and the water comes out fine but when I hook them back up to the faucet no water will come out. Any...

View more questions Search