Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmasso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Is there a way to reset master code on dsc 1832
    I have a DSC 1832 security system at my home but never got the master code from the installer who I have now lost touch with. I need to set the clock on my 5501 keypad and it appears that requires the master code. I have the installer code which is still the default code and I have my user code that the installer programmed for me to arm and disarm the system. Is there anyway to restore the master code to the default wihout actually having the master code?
    kmasso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Never mind - I just figured it out based on an earlier post that I had failed to read - thanks Stratmando!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2010, 07:12 AM

If you have the Installer code, you can view/change the Master Code.
    *6 Master Code will cahnge time and Codes.
    *8 Installer code will allow System Programming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSC PC 1832 programming troubles [ 9 Answers ]

Hi…I am currently replacing an old DSC PC 2525 home security system with a newer PC 1832. The trouble is… I am having difficulty even getting to first base programming this unit Is there someone on board who can walk me through this? This is what I have: 2 new keypads.. a pk 5501 at the...

How to reset the installor code on a 1832 when the code was locked [ 8 Answers ]

I need to reset the installor code, itry to put a jumper betwween output 1 and zone 1, everything reset except the installor code, can you help me...

Changing installer code on a dsc 1832 alarm system [ 2 Answers ]

How do you change the installer code on a DSC 1832 alarm

Trouble with DSC 1832 programming [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I have installed dsc 1832 security system . So far I have done good. But I can not solve my smoke detector problem . Smoke detector is FSA-410BT 4-wire . I have run cat5 wire for this connection . The reason is simply - I had left over cat5 . I have used Bro for 12v+ and BLU for GND....

Dsc 1832 resistor value [ 1 Answers ]

I have a DCS 1832 and I am getting intermitting open. The wires at the control panel are tightly secured. It could be a resistor problem and I am unsure of to what the resitor value should be for the zones. Can you help?

View more questions Search