Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axanut2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 05:51 AM
    De blowing through return to pool
    Have a hayward de filter that is blowing de back to pool... just replaced grids.. found a few hairline cracks in manifold , have ordered another one , for now I sealed the cracks with epoxy,, it seems that when I set the grid assembly back onto the outlet pipe it doesn't seat snugly, replaced the o ring already, the de is being pulled from the tank somehow obviously and being sent back to pool via the return?. any thoughts out there as to what else I could look at as the problem
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2008, 09:05 AM
    You have described several things that can cause earth to be blown into the pool. The grids can be difficult to seat and who know how perefcet your epoxy patch job is. Grease that O ring with plumbers grease to help it seat more easily.
    axanut2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by axanut2008
    have a hayward de filter that is blowing de back to pool....just replaced grids..found a few hairline cracks in manifold , have ordered another one , for now i sealed the cracks with epoxy,,,it seems that when i set the grid assembly back onto the outlet pipe it doesnt seat snugly, replaced the o ring already, the de is being pulled from the tank somehow obviously and being sent back to pool via the return????......any thoughts out there as to what else i could look at as the problem
    Thanks... wanted to get through the weekend and then tear down and install new manifold , will be very careful inserting the grids and hopefully this problem is history
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2008, 10:24 AM
    I have had two Haywards. The first one thr original grid were still fine after 20 years. The second failed after 3 seasons, go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool player wanting to start a pool hall in indianapolis [ 1 Answers ]

Simply; if anyone reading this is interested in starting a pool hall in indianapolis please reply. My name is lucas I have been around pool for over ten years and I currently work at a pool hall on the east side. My funds are low but, my will is high. I have several good ideas. Contact me...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Return blowing air instead of sucking [ 12 Answers ]

Just purchased a condo in AZ. Home inspection noted no problems with AC unit. Don't know brand or if it is a heatpump - think it may be since it is one unit supplying AC and heat. Last week, at one point, I turned AC on and cold air was blowing out of return instead of sucking and no air was...

View more questions Search