Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uschaz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
    Cold air from ac but not enough air flow filter OK coils clean freon is full
    Unit is original fedders from 1972. Gas heat/elec air. Condenser mounted on roof. New thermostate from power co. (they have not started their savings program yet) replaced both motors within last 5 years, along with caps, and the 24/220 contactors. Redone most of the wiring, both above and below. Puts out (or did during winter) plenty of hot air. This year temp of cool air is mid 50s when its 100 out, so the air coming out is colder than the neighbors new unit. Seems like the main vent, (the biggest diameter and only one in living room is not putting out enough air to cool that part of the house. Lack of $ means I have to keep babying it along. Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. And yes I laugh at it myself so humorous coments cool with me. I sure would like to resolve b/4 the real heat begins here in Las Vegas.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 19, 2010, 04:21 PM
    Give the duct work a good going over. Some may of come loose or choked off.
    uschaz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Thanks, Not looking forward to crawling up in the attic, with of course old fashioned fiberglass insulation. Any tips for spotting leaks? Attic is about 4' and the ductwork is flexible silver tubing sitting about 1/2 buried by the insulation which is loose and is about a foot deep
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 24, 2010, 07:09 PM
    If you had a real smoke generator that would work well but you can turn on the unit and feel around the duct. Also check the air filter and the evaporator coil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At start cold air comes out at a good flow ,as the day progresses the flow weakens [ 6 Answers ]

Central air. At start up the air appears to be functioning well. As the day progresses the air flow from the vents weaken ,unit continues to run unable to cool to set temp.

How do you clean a permanent air filter? {it a Trostataic Air Filter}? [ 0 Answers ]

How do you clean a permanent air filter?

Why Air Filter Stays Clean? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been inspecting and changing my vehicle air filters for decades. The paper element used to get visually dirty within reasonable amount of driving, but over past ten or more years they appear to stay clean far longer. Way past 30,000 miles. I inspect by holding up to sun or strong light bulb...

Cold air comes out from air filter grille hole [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem on my second floor. I have a two floor home and my AC is using honey well zoning system and it has two zones. Zone 1 for downstair and zone 2 is for upstair. I have no problem on cold air on first floor; but I have a problem of cold air on 2nd floor. I have noticed...

Home AC Cold Air but not air flow weak [ 4 Answers ]

The air flow from my home ac unit is not blowing very hard, there is cold air coming out of the vents but the air isn't blowing enough to cool the house. I've had it set at 75 all day and the house temp hasn't gone below 82. What can this be? I have called for service and unforunately they may...

View more questions Search