Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cluley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Using the furnace blower fan continuously
    Please let me know if it is more efficient to have the blower fan on continuously rather than in the automatic position. If so, does it make a difference in heating mode or AC mode?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 31, 2006, 07:44 PM
    CAC is Constant Air Control in HVAC terms. It is always more efficient to turn a motor OFF when it is not needed. Now on the other hand sometimes you can leave the motor run to help circulate the air for electronic air cleaning ETC. The choice is yours.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Sep 1, 2006, 06:01 PM
    I have an electronic air filter in my home and I run the fan non-stop year round. It cost little to run and filtering the air is important to me as my allergies play havok with me most of the year. Otherwise, it purely a matter of comfort. In the summer, the air constantly moving makes it seem more comfortable. In winter, it may feel drafty to some when the furnace is in the off cycle...
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 2, 2006, 06:19 PM
    If you decide to leave it on - remember you'll have to service the air filters much more frequently and frequent lubrication of the blower motor wouldn't hurt either...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blower Motor [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old Rheem gas furnace. My fan blower motor stopped working. I had Sears order me a new one. The installer walked away, giving up because he couldn't get the old motor out of the housing. I got it out and installed the new one myself. Everything turns freely. I made the furnace turn on and...

Blower on Intertherm Furnace [ 6 Answers ]

This is an older furnace.It works fine sometimes! I raised the tstat and nothing happened, I pushed the fan switch from auto to on and it worked-back to auto and it didn't work. When I checked the breakers and flipped them off and back on the blower started.Any idea where the problem may be? ...

Furnace blower? [ 3 Answers ]

This morning my furnace in the attic was making some weird sounds. By lunch time the was a burning smell through my vents. At lunch time no heat was blowing through my vents in the house. I turned the a/c on and still nothing. My unit outside is working fine too. What do you think it could be?

Furnace/blower. [ 6 Answers ]

Been searching but so far I haven't found any information that really helps me. I've lived in this house for about a year and a half now, it has the original furance in it(house was built in the 70's I blelieve). Last year the furnace worked fine, and had worked fine so far this year. I live in...

Furnace blower switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gravity furnace. On one leg of the system I' ve Placed a small 110volt blower fan with a manual switch. Is there any type of switch that can be wired into the 24 volt furnace thermostat so the blower only runs when the furnace is on.. I've added this to give a little heat to the...

View more questions Search