Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2015, 11:39 AM
    Warranty 50 inch TV
    Lady bought a new TV set from Walmart. The Walmart warranty is for 3 years for $36.00
    Good reviews too. Sceptre the manufacture warranty is for 1 years.
    I was wondering because they overlap (At lease for the first year). If something does go wrong, are you compelled to use the manufacture warrant( Which is terrible) or can you use the Walmart warranty??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 29, 2015, 06:30 PM
    She has to read the fine print. Usually the store compels you to use the manufacturer warranty if it's still in effect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2015, 10:20 PM
    It will be up to what the contract says, normally most warranty require you to use manufacturer warranty first, and they will act only after the manufacturer warranty is over.
    LOL... and good luck on those warranty, they do SOUND very good, the actual use is often totally different.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2015, 03:09 AM
    Walmart.ca Help Centre: Product Warranty FAQ | What happened?

I would call the store customer service for clarification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ounting for warranty expense and estimated warranty payables [ 1 Answers ]

Accounting for warranty expense and estimated warranty payable: Treskter USA guarantees automobiles against defects for (5) years or (55,000) miles, whichever comes first. Suppose Treskter USA can expect warranty cost during the (5) years period to add up to (6%) of the sales, Assume that...

3 inch toilet flange sits directly on top of the 3 inch drian pipe [ 11 Answers ]

DO they make smaller flanges? I pulled my toilet to put tile down and now can not get a flange on it. I am very frustrated and about ready to call a plumber.

Warranty expense & warranty liability [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the following question. Any pointers is greatly appreciated. Warranty expense. Woodmier Lawn Products introduced a new line of Commercial sprinklers in 2002 that carry a one-year warranty against Manufacturer’s defects. Because this was the first product for which the...

Recording Warranty Premiums in a Warranty Adm. Company [ 2 Answers ]

How do I record warranty premiums in an Warranty Administration Company? I think that it should be recorded as a liability to the warranty insurance captive company. Also that any cash receipts for the warranty administration should be recorded as income. Is this correct?

What is the estimated warranty expense and warranty cost? [ 1 Answers ]

A company sells computers with a 6-month warranty. In January, the company sold 100,000 computers at $1,750 each, and 1,500 computers were turned in for repairs during the same month. The total repairs amounted to $185,000 costs from the computer parts inventory. It is estimated that 2% of all...

View more questions Search