Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpleblossom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 12:20 AM
    Can a felon go to medical school in Wisconsin, my felony was auto theft
    This happened in 99 , and I haven't been in trouble once not even a ticket, this was something that happened that should have been a brought lower but my stupid public defender really didn't help, she just told me to sign papers and I was only a child with no adult help at all, in the end my life was ruined forever until now, I have a hard time looking for any medical work even as a receptionist, every time they require a criminal background test usually they say you have to pass it meaning clear records in order for hire, this is so lame, help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 28, 2011, 03:30 AM
    You were under 18?
    I see no obstacles to school, it's the medical license that's the problem, and that is a question for the state licensing board before you even apply to school. I would imagine that age, how long ago, and type of crime are factors. Generally you can call them easily enough and ask. If they won't be specific on the phone, ask if you can send them the information and get a response in writing.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
    You may try to seek a pardon for this which would enable you to get a license in Wisconsin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I become a teacher in Florida with a grand theft Auto felony? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 14 years old on Nov. of 2000 I was charged with grand theft auto (felony). I want to go to school to be a teacher, but I don't know if I can. ON my desposition it says I was withheld adjudication of delinquency.

My boifriend got arrested for theft by taking auto and entering auto.. [ 2 Answers ]

My boifriend got arrested for theft by taking auto and entering auto. He was already on probation for burglary from when he was 17 he had 2 years left of his probation will he get any time or will they reinstate his probation?

Can I go to nursing school with and felony on my record? The felony was in 2003 and [ 2 Answers ]

It was and possession of and controlled substance and class four felony

Convicted felon in Wisconsin being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the state of Wisconsin and was convicted of a felony 14 years ago. Is it possible for me to be bonded for employment purposes?

View more questions Search