Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 09:16 AM
    Liberty lost The Australian Variant .
    The powers that be in Aussie have decreed 'we must lock down'.

Greater Sydney restrictions | NSW Government

Stay at home orders are now in place in South Australia, Victoria and parts of New South Wales.
    Covid: Anger as half of Australians in lockdown again - BBC News
    "You must stay home,"....."Only leave your home if you have a reasonable excuse."

Aussies took to the streets to protest . Dozens were arrested with the threat to mass arrest .
    Warning issued to anti-lockdown protesters ahead of another planned march in Sydney | 7NEWS

Well not enough of them . They are becoming a nation of sheeple.

Coronavirus Australia: Amid border closures and lockdowns, what happened to the civil liberties movement? (smh.com.au)

“Their response is civil liberties have to be sacrificed for the sake of the greater good which is keeping everybody healthy through COVID,” says Wright. “That’s the politicians’ response.”......
    “We don’t have much of a human rights culture, unlike, for example, Canada and America and Europe,” she says. “In one respect that might mean we are much more amenable to restrictions on rights which are genuinely altruistic and good for the community such as major lockdowns and border closures, which have in the past served us well.
    The problem is they don't have constitutional guarantees of liberty . They did not think they needed them . They are wrong . Gillian Triggs, president of the Australian Human Rights Commission said in 2014 ; "The truth is that, without constitutional guarantees, the measure of our freedom of expression has become that which remains after all the laws that restrict the right have been taken into account,"
    Free speech and human rights in Australia | Australian Human Rights Commission

In other words ,when it is governments that grant rights instead of rights being granted by nature's God ,the rights are subject to the whim of the rulers .

Even in the US there must be constant vigilance by the people because the instinct of the government bends towards authoritarian if not properly restrained .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 09:44 AM
    Pretty good example of how to provide good documentation.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 03:59 PM
    I hear the bleating of sheep

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...bb06a1343171af

Everyone is tired of the lockdowns but living in a covid free, for the moment, area as I do, I say something must be done to stop the spreaders migrating, and it has been. The virus has spread among ethnic groups who congregate in large numbers. Almost all those at a funeral became infected, many of those infected were unvaccinated. The idiots in the community must be stopped from spreading it otherwise it is tantamount to murder
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 04:10 PM
    If you don't want to get Covid, then get vaccinated. Then you don't need to be concerned about what other people do or don't do.
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 04:10 PM
    https://www.news.com.au/national/bre...4dfd406ef30457

and how do we stop this happening?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 04:15 PM
    Get vaccinated?

We should probably do, in the United States, whatever South Dakota is doing. The rate of new cases has been pretty steady for several months, but the current death rate is zero. Since April 1, in fact, there have been only eight deaths total. I guess it pays to have a repub gov.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I guess it pays to have a repub gov.
    Or be the state with one of the smallest populations.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 04:48 PM
    The governments are creating a great fraud . They want a permanent pandemic world so they can further restrict your basic liberties . Here is the absurdity . il Duce Cuomo said that NY would go door to door to make people comply with getting vaxed on the same week that the CDC director said that we are 1 or 2 variants before the vaccines are obsolete.

Today Queensland reported 6 new cases woooohooo !

Your nation in particular is a disgrace . You have a low vaccine rate and are relying on the least trusted vaccine on the market .

When Will Covid End? We Must Start Planning For a Permanent Pandemic - Bloomberg

Andrews government secretly negotiating permanent pandemic laws to replace state of emergency | Liberty Victoria

How the Coronavirus Pandemic Will Permanently Expand Government Powers (foreignpolicy.com)
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 05:35 PM
    I can hardly wait to see the video of New York forcing a BLM member to take a shot. It will be interesting.

WG. So a person is less likely to die in a small state? Interesting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 05:39 PM
    WG. So a person is less likely to die in a small state? Interesting.
    It's not a "small state". The virus is spread via human contact. You've never been to SD, have you.

Total area in square miles:
    South Dakota 77,117
    Mississippi 48,430
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 06:23 PM
    It is great to be an armchair hero, or is that critic, Tom. Decisions were made in a different environment and Astra Zeneca was selected for local manufacture. The other options were not available until late in 2021. In the meanwhile problems have been found with all vaccines so we are making the best of a bad lot with the tools at our disposal. I don't agree with wholesale lockdowns but it is an effective tool when used to isolate clusters. The governments here are frustrated with the stupidity of certain elements in the population. Most of us have accepted lockdown while we wait for vaccination to be available but the antivaxxers and freedom even if it kills both you and me mob have gotten out of hand and it is they who must be suppressed. We have infected people roaming the land just because they think it is a good thing, idiot truck drivers who are continuing their interstate journeys even when they know they are infected, one of these even resulted in his own mother's death. I say have a complete quick sharp lockdown and everyone stay put for two weeks, you won't starve
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 06:25 PM
    It's not a "small state". The virus is spread via human contact. You've never been to SD, have you.
    But you are completely missing the point. The virus HAS been spreading, and they have had a spike in infections, but the death rate is zero, so population density has nothing to do with it. They are doing something right.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 06:38 PM
    But you are completely missing the point. The virus HAS been spreading, and they have had a spike in infections, but the death rate is zero, so population density has nothing to do with it. They are doing something right.
    How is it spread in your state? Why aren't infected people dying?
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 06:39 PM
    That’s a great question. Perhaps we should find out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 06:46 PM
    That’s a great question. Perhaps we should find out.
    By WLOX Staff
    Published: Jul. 27, 2021 at 9:14 AM CDT
    JACKSON, Miss. (WLOX) - The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 1,291 new cases of COVID-19 and 15 new deaths in the state on Tuesday. The number of new cases were reported between 3pm Sunday and 3pm Monday.
    https://www.wlox.com/2021/07/27/1291...y-mississippi/
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 06:55 PM
    Population density is obviously a factor
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Population density is obviously a factor
    Exactly! Here's South Dakota:
    https://www.travelsouthdakota.com
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 07:25 PM
    Pop density does not explain why the death rate in SD is zero. The infection rate is significant, but the death rate is zero. So if we think a little, we should ask, "Why is that? What are they doing right?" Same very low death rate is also going on in Alabama, California, and Florida. Cases are up, but deaths are either very low or zero. Why?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2021, 07:35 PM
    Pop density does not explain why the death rate in SD is zero.
    Great! Then Mayor Lightfoot will be happy when I tell her that.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2021, 07:39 PM
    Like I said, "If we think a little." That's the key. Pop density cannot be the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

04 Jeep Liberty No heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2004 jeep liberty that had over 170,000 miles on it. My first car, got back in May. Noticed heat does not work. It went in to dealer this mornong, to find out the problem ( my father brough it in). Problem came back.. it was the heater core. Well, after work, I get in the jeep and start...

Liberty - what is it? [ 130 Answers ]

Hello, That's it. I want to know how YOU describe liberty. Who should be free? Who shouldn't be? That kind of stuff. Maybe we don't disagree. That would be cool. But, I think, perchance, we do. I'll start. Sex offenders should be FREE from registration. Non violent drug offenders...

2004 Jeep Liberty [ 2 Answers ]

The heat will not come through the ducts until the engine revs above idle only cold air. I noticed the coolant was low so I filled to the line and it worked the heat comes on during idle. After 3 days it stops working during idle and I noticed the coolant level was low again. I see no white smoke...

View more questions Search