Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rharrington Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2003, 09:30 AM
    Trouble with Windows Movie Maker
    Yes, I have a question about the newest version of Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker.

I have created amny short videos using my Sony Digital camera, they are saved in the .mpg
    Format.

I can play them very eassily and very well with Windows Media Player.

I recently downloaded the newest version ofWindows Movie Maker version 2.0.3312.0, I hhad
    Read an article that this was an improved version with a lot more options, and in the
    Article it stresseed that the movies you create can be played in Media Player.

Well here is my problem. The ONLY format you can save your "projects in is.MSWMM; you have
    No other choice.

And Media player will not play these files. I have so many precious film clips that I
    Ould string together and send to grandparents... etc, but unless they have Movie Maker ,
    They will NOT be able to play them.

What is silly is, in the help filesit even suggests you save the file to email it, but how
    Does the other person view the movie... if it is in the MSWMM format neither Real player
    Or Media Player will it.

How do I get around this? How can I play these files I have created... in Media
    Player... OR
    How can I create them in an either a .mpg or other viewable format?
    Walenski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2004, 10:46 PM
    You can do it, buddy.
    This is lame, I can't read the question!
    Well, let's see, If I remember right you were saving only your projects as MMWMWMMWM's or whatever. You got to choose save movie. The older (and superior) version just had a button up top for this, so right when you were done you clould just click and watch.Now you have to specifically choose 'save movie' under file. I will probably save as a .wmv, but I think you can pick. . wmv's are best for media player. Once you save the movie, it will freeze and the sound will cut out, which is why I came to this forum in the first place. Good Luck!
    danmaster95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 02:11 PM
    Well, it seems like you need to "Publish Movie" to see it as a .wma, and not only save it as a project. Try it and tell me the results.
    danmaster95 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danmaster95 View Post
    Well, it seems like you need to "Publish Movie" to see it as a .wma, and not only save it as a project. Try it and tell me the results.
    Sorry, it was .wmv, not .wma.:o
    Good Luck.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

My icemaker in freezer of ref. quit working. I checked the arm and it seems to be OK. Any ideas on troubleshooting unit appreciated.

Windows Movie Maker [ 1 Answers ]

I have used windows movie maker to edit some clips I have uploaded from my sony camcorder. The clip is fine in windows movie maker, but when I save the clip on my hard drive and come to view it using windows media player, the sound is OK but the picture is awful (like a negative photograph). Is...

Microsoft Movie Maker [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make a cd of images and video clips taken with my Nikon digital camera and put it all together using Microsoft Movie Maker. It says that it does not accept my video, that it must be in .asf, or .avi, etc. How do I change my Quick Time video clip into one of the acceptable formats...

Windows Movie Maker [ 1 Answers ]

Just learning to use Movie maker and am already stuck on a problem. When I select a frame from the storyboard at the bottom of the screen, the frame to the left of the one I select appears in the preview screen. How do I get things back in sync so the selected frame shows up in the preview window.

View more questions Search