Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    putznme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
    80's kids TV show, anyone?
    Help!! I remember this one show on in the mornings I think it was, but I don't know the name of it. If I remember right it was on in the late 80's; probably around yrs. 85-89. And I want to say it was on Nick Jr. or PBS or something. It was not a cartoon, it had puppets in it. The main character was a man -human not puppet. In the opening of the show during the song it shows him going to this place in the woods-how he gets there. I vividlly remember him pulling aside this bush and there being this hollow log, and when he went into the log and came out the other side-he was in this secret hideout place. This is where the show was taped. I also remember a bird or some animal that would have the 'word' or 'letter of the day' (or something like that) in everyshow. It was NOT the muppet babies; sharon, lois & brams elephant show; fraggle rock, or eureeka's castle; or seaseme street. Answer anyone?? Please help, this has been bugging me for years!!
    classylady17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Oh my God! I remember that show too but I can't remember the name. I know exactly what you are talking about, and I think the main character's name was Wayne. Now it's going to bug me too. I'll search and see what I can find.
    monroelio Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 11:13 PM
    That would be Fred Penner's Place
    There was "The Word Bird"
    And Fred played guitar and sang..
    "The cat came back the very next day oh the cat came back, we thought it was a goner but the cat came back it just couldn't stay away..."
    I LOVED that show.
    krylon304 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
    It was called fred penner's place.
    krylon304 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Little late I guess though.
    classylady17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
    OMG! I finally found it. I'm not sure if you have already found it, but it's Hickory Hideout. At least that was the one I was thinking of. Hopefully it's what you were looking for too.
    Suebme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 12:29 PM
    Thank you to all who gave us the answer. Funny how one show can effect so many people the same way, I wonder what fred's doing nowa days. Again, ty for sharing, sincerely, Sue B.

May 3, 2011, 12:30 PM
    Comment on classylady17's post
    Omg yessss, hickory hide out!yes!

May 3, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Who remember M.A.S.K. crusaders? That opening theme song was the bomb! I still love it. And they made great toys too, the cars/vehicles were so well made.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids show w/ the human body [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the show where the guy dressed up in a suit showing the insides of the human body?

Late 80's/early 90's kids TV show [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out the name of this show for so long. It was my favourite when I was younger and nobody knows what I'm talking about! The theme song says something like "and now more tales of ovid video" it has a white animal with a red and blue toucan beak and a purple kangaroo and a...

Kids TV show from the 80's (I think) [ 3 Answers ]

I really need to know the name of this one ASAP Please It was a show about a small bear (I think it was cissephere or shomething like it) who lived with his dad in a tree next to a river. They had a skimmer boat and used it to save the other animals on the river. The Crocks where the bad...

Title for a 70's / 80's Kids TV Show? [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody remember a kids TV show during the Late 70's,and possibly Early 80's that had an elephant character in costume (not snuffleupagus) that held the end of his trunk like a megaphone? Also there were children and young adult actors on the show as well. The actors would introduce learning...

80's educational kids show [ 1 Answers ]

I remember my Second Grade teacher letting the class watch an educational kids show that featured a man that wore a body suit that showed the inside of the body. He was a white male with dark curly hair I believe. The objects around his house could talk, such as his pillow and his couch. This...

View more questions Search