What is a living trust?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2016, 01:00 PM
    Google "living trust".19,000,000 hits!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 5, 2016, 07:47 PM
    It is a trust which goes into effect during the trustor's lifetime (as opposed to a testamentary trust, created as a part of the trustor's will and thus only effective when the trustor dies). Another term meaning the same thing is "inter vivos trust".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No will or living trust. [ 1 Answers ]

My uncle passed away last year with no will or living trust. He didn't have any stocks or monies left except for a house that he and my aunt owned. My aunt passed away 15 years ago and his new wife passed away 2 years ago. When I was 6 months old my mom passed away and my aunt and uncle took...

Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, Placement of Personal Living Residence into the Living Trust? Thanks & Regards

What is a living trust? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a living trust?

Living Trust [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away 2004 and I was told he had done a living trust to avoid probate when he died my oldest sister said she was named executor of my dads estate I asked to see the will or trust at that time and she said everything was left to my mom and when she died it would be read now my mom...

Will vs. Living trust [ 5 Answers ]

My mother in law passed away in Aug. 2006, she left 3 surviving adult children. She died in Ill. But was a resident of Ohio. She had a will that contained nothing because she left everything in her living trust. According to the will her oldest daughter whom she was visiting when she passed was...

View more questions Search