Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JustbeHappy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2016, 12:38 AM
    Are there Churches that marry divorced people in Minnesota
    My mom is getting remarried this summer, she has never had a wedding before and her Fiancé was previously in a Catholic church. They both are now Divorced. If she was to have a small family wedding she would like to get married in a church. She doesn't think she can, so my question is can she and how can we go about making her dream come true?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 15, 2016, 02:39 AM
    Protestant churches don't have that restriction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2016, 03:57 AM
    Almost any church will marry a divorced person, with the exception of a few.
    Now many may require one of the people to be a member there.
    But also there are often listings of marriage chapels, marriage ministers.

I am associated in a Church in Butte, that is a Anglican Catholic church that will marry divorced people.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2016, 02:14 PM
    It really depends on the church, and the priest. Your best bet is to go to the church she wishes to get married in, and have a meeting with the priest.

My friend got pregnant in high school, we went to a Catholic school. Her priest wouldn't marry them in his church because she was pregnant. So they went to another Catholic church that would marry them. It really depends on the church and the priest and their views. It's not really about the religion at all, it's about the man that runs the church.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced boyfriend - ever marry again? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, just from the start let me tell you that my boyfriend and I have a bit of an unusual relationship. He is 45 and I am 21. We have been together a year and a half, live together and have a dog together and I couldn't love him more than I do. He feels the same and our families say how happy we...

A young Inge Alltenburg travels to Minnesota as a poatal bride in the 1920's to marry [ 1 Answers ]

A young Inge Alltenburg travels to Minnesota as a poatal bride in the 1920's to marry Olaf Torvik, a Norwiegan man who lives there. It is Inge's story of not being able to marry Olaf

Divorced Prodisent wants to marry catholic [ 3 Answers ]

I am a divorced prodisent who wishes to marry a catholic women. Is there any other way other than an annulment? Will it help if I change my religion?

View more questions Search