Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mksavana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Gas Fireplace Venting
    We have a Marco Fireplace(not one that is recalled) model number 792794. We have always had trouble with the venting of the fireplace either when using gas logs or wood logs. We have just discovered on the right side where the screen draws back to, a rod about 3-4 inches that seems to pull up or down and sounds like a flue opening. I can't find any drawing on this fireplace and I'm wondering if this might be our answer? Any thoughts
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2007, 07:44 PM
    That could be it, if you feel cold air coming in when you open or pull or push the rod, ide say your onto it. Good Luck P.S.leave it open for the fir and close it afterwards to conserve energy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,this is whisky4 asking about the highest safe temputure for a fireplace,the fireplace I have is fairly thick as it sticks outside of house plus what is inside the house,the house was built in 1924had a chimney sweep look at it and he sid it was all right,thank,s

Venting a window air conditioner unit through a fireplace [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a two story town home (plus a basement) with no central air conditioning. I don't own it, so I'm limited as to what I can do. On the 2nd floor I have two window air conditioner units that keep the 2nd floor cool. There are no windows on the first floor only the front door and the...

Leak around basement fireplace but not in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Recently when we had heavy rain it leaked around the baement fireplace. I have noticed that the grout around the bricks are wet (not sure if soaking up from the floor). Thought because some flooding near by that it was a one time thing. Now it rained a coupe of days ago and I am noticing that it is...

Fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an existing fireplace (insert) w/ a brick chimney. It is fairly old, but in decent shape except for the back wall of the insert itself. It appears to be nothing more than concrete or mortar of some type over top of the back metal wall of the fireplace. It is cracked and has several plugs...

Fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I bought my townhouse, new in 1991 direct from the builder. The fireplace came with the townhouse and is now 12 years old. Here is my problem, In the front left & right corners of the bottom of the fireplace where the floor of the fireplace and metal frame come together there is a gap of about...

View more questions Search