Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary Clarke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2015, 07:09 PM
    How to cook a 10 lb roast
    How to cook a 10 lb beef round tip roast?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2015, 11:33 PM
    Low and slow.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2015, 08:05 AM
    Yes. And make sure you do it as "no peeky roast beefy" (that is, don't open the oven door periodically to check on it).
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 21, 2015, 08:49 AM
    Brown it a bit in a bit of butter and chopped onion. Put it in the bottom of a Dutch oven without the lid (or any pot with sides that aren't higher than the beef). Add bottle of beer, can of tomato sauce, and some water to bring it half way up the beef. Amounts are not critical at all. Add your favorite seasonings besides salt and pepper - thyme, basil, and sage are my favorites, preferable fresh. Fresh chopped parsley in the last 10 minutes. Slow roast (NO SIMMER to the sauce at all!) for maybe 2 hours, 2.5. Crock pots on low can go for all day.
    alex4ester Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2015, 12:51 PM
    On same manner as you do with small batch, just make few side cuts for sure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing electric cook-top with a gas cook-top. 30 amp breaker to 15 amp? [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing an electric cooktop with a gas cooktop. The electric cooktop is wired to a 30 amp breaker. The gas cook-top needs a 15 amp breaker. Do I need to pull the 30 amp service and run a new line from a new 15amp breaker? There is plenty of room in the panel to do this.

How to roast a 10 kilo sirloin roast? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a vacuum sealed 10 kilo USDA choice sirloin from costco. I want to slow roast it at under 300F. How long? Should I sear it?

Is it a bad idea to cook a roast in a mason jar ? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a chuck roast shoved into a mason jar then sealed break in the oven if set at only 275 ?

How to cook 10lb beef round sirloin tip roast? [ 12 Answers ]

I found many recipes, but tey were all for 3lb roasts. Any help is appreciared.

Pork Roast [ 2 Answers ]

I am making Pancetta Wrapped Pork tenderloin Roast, my question is the roast covered when in the oven? It just says place in oven at 400 degrees and roast 1 hour or until the therometer reads 145 degrees.

View more questions Search