Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kisskisskim01 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Problems in genetics
    Problems in genetics help ?
    If a man has type AB blood and a woman has type A blood, what possible blood types could their childern have?
    Please show me how to do this question for future questions like this one

Nov 16, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Problems in genetics
    Problems in genetics help?
    If the litter resulting from the mating of two short-tailed cats contains three kittens without tails, two with long tails and six with short tails, what would be the simplest way of explaining the inheritance of tail length in these cats? What are the genotypes?
    Please show me how to do this question because I need to understand it for futur questions like this one

Nov 16, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Problems in Genetics
    Problems in Genetics help please?
    What are the genotypes of a male yellow rat crossed with a gray female rat producing forty-six gray and fifty-three yellow offspring ( there are three colours for rats: yellow, gray and black, the yellow and black are homozygous).

Please show me how to do this question for future questions like this one

Nov 16, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Problems in Genetics
    Problems in genetics help?
    Roan horses have both white and black hair making them appear blue in some areas. Two blue roan horses are bred together. What is the chance that colt will be white.

Please show me how to do this question for future questions like this one. Thanks

Nov 16, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Sex linked genetic
    Sex linked genetic help?
    Red-green colourblindness is inherited as a sex-linked recessive traits. If a colourblind woman marries a man who has normal vision, what would be the expected phenotypes of their children with Reference to this trait?
    Please show me how to this question step by step for future questions like this one
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 05:40 PM

Questions combined

We do not do home work here.

Nov 16, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Sex linked genetic
    A man and a woman both have normal colour vision, but their daughter has re-green colorblindness, a sex linked recessive trait. The man sues his wife for a divorce on ground of infidelity. Can genetics provide evidence supporting this case? Explain
    Please show me how to do this problem step by step for future questions like this one
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2008, 05:45 PM

Please stop asking home work questions. If you want help, give a question, tell us what you think and why and someone can give you opinons of your answers.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2008, 01:57 AM

Quote Originally Posted by kisskisskim01
    Problems in genetics help ?
    If a man has type AB blood and a woman has type A blood, what possible blood types could their childern have?
    please show me how to do this question for future questions like this one
    Ok, I'll do this one for you, you know how to draw a genetic diagram? Here, you'll need to draw two, one for the case that the genotype of the woman is he case where the genotype is

Complete your diagram to find the possible outcomes of the offpring. If you don't understand, post back. :)
    biohazard Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Ok, I'll do this one for you, you know how to draw a genetic diagram?
    Just FYI, these diagrams are called Punnett squares. A quick Google can turn up a lot of resources for them. I think you can use one to answer most of these questions, except for the one with the 3 colored hamsters, in which case I think you just need to apply the equation for Hardy-Weinberg population genetics.

I'm sure the original poster's homework has long since been turned in... but maybe this will help someone in the future.

BH
    biohazard Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Actually, I needed to read the question closer... Hardy-Weinberg doesn't come into play in any of the questions. They're all pretty straight forward Mendellian genetics questions.

BH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What about metabolism and genetics? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you know if you have a slow or fast metabolism? There are a lot of advice about what to eat and what not to eat in order to stay at a healthy weight, but each person has a different metabolism, right? So how come we all are supposed to eat the same way in order to lose weight? Has anybody...

Genetics(chromosomes) [ 1 Answers ]

Is a trisomy 18 when you have 3 #18 chromosomes!! :cool: :p ;) :( :o

Genetics issue! [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

Genetics and heredity [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between incomplete dominance and codominance?

Molecular genetics [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every one. I'm finding difficulties to answer this question, can anyone help me to find the correct anwer. Please I really need it soon for my final report lab. The question is, briefly indicate the structural features of minor groove ligands. And another thing I need to write a short intro...

View more questions Search