Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JaPaNeSe_BrAt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2006, 03:08 AM
    Bangkok pills, Laxative tea..
    Shoot! As far as I can remember, I took bangkok for almost half a year with laxative herbal tea.. I had a break then a friend became interested, which enticed me to take again.. I experienced difficulty in breathing and palpitations.. I'm not fat, I have an average built.. But I want to be really skinny.. Whenever I look in the mirror, I see myself really fat.. It started when I would weigh myself everyday, or every time I eat.. To a point where I already refuse to weigh myself because I feel so fat.. Whenever I eat, I feel I gain weight every so often.. I've been taking laxative tea for years now.. Are there chances it would affect my fertility? Will I still be cured let's say I already have complications? I'm scared..
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2006, 03:18 AM
    Below is a helpful site about laxative tea abuse, u may find it interesting

http://health.uri.edu/healthed/laxative.php
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2006, 08:50 AM
    Originally posted by JaPaNeSe _BrAt

Shoot! As far as I can remember, I took bangkok for almost half a year with laxative herbal tea.. I had a break then a friend became interested, which enticed me to take again.. I experienced difficulty in breathing and palpitations.. I'm not fat, I have an average built.. But I want to be really skinny.. Whenever I look in the mirror, I see myself really fat.. It started when I would weigh myself everyday, or everytime I eat.. To a point where I already refuse to weigh myself coz I feel so fat.. Whenever I eat, I feel I gain weight every so often.. I've been taking laxative tea for years now.. Are there chances it would affect my fertility? Will I still be cured let's say I already have complications? I'm scared..
    Quite honestly, your post concerns me. When I read it I begin to think that you may have a problem with Anorexia and I am hoping this is not the case.

I am wondering why you want to be really skinny. Most men I know prefer a woman who is of average build like you say you are. The ones I know do not like women who are really skinny because they think that she does not necessarily look healthy.

If you are anorexic this is very dangerous to your entire body. It damages all of your organs especially your heart, and you did mention palpitations.

Any time you take medication, whether prescribed or over-the-counter there are risks that you are taking. While it may be an "herbal" tea, you should look at the ingredients to make sure that it is entirely "herbal." And you should know that there are risks with herbs that can cause these problems and many more serious problems.

I believe it may be in your best interest to visit your doctor and have your blood pressure checked and discuss your healthy weight loss options with him/her.

Jul 20, 2006, 04:46 AM
    I know.. I've consulted a doctor about my worries in getting fat.. Though it was not that worse.. But now, I just feel so fat every time I eat.. I even tried purging but not regularly.. And I stopped because it doesn't feel so good.. I'm just wondering, will my difficulty in breathing be ever cured? I'm scared.. Will I die die at an early age?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Is there a possibility your breathing problem could be asthma? You need to go to a doctor and ask him if it is.

You say you tried purging? Did you know that each time you do that not only are you throwing up your food, but you are also throwing up stomach acid and that will hurt the enamel on your teeth and you could get cavities or loose your teeth?

It is only possible to die at an early age from this disorder if you continue to take laxatives or other "diet aids" and not eat. You can starve yourself to death.

You should try to get counseling for this problem. Get a therapist who can help you understand why you feel the way you do.

Jul 21, 2006, 05:48 PM
    Though when I have the appetite and feel like eating.. Whoa! I eat A LOOOT..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pills [ 8 Answers ]

What could happen if a person would take a capsul that is bigger than the normal size? Would that cause any problems?

View more questions Search