Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Tips for road bike
    Any tips on road bike will be appreciated. I'd like to know mainly about keeping balance. I have a new bike. I've used it once last week and my body was super tired the next 2 days. (2 miles only). It is way different than a mountain bike. Why?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Road biking is different from Mountain because the bike is lighter and speeds are faster, which makes balance a little different. How often do you ride your mountain bike? More than 2 miles at a time? Not sure why it wore you out so much, are you in good shape? I say keep riding it and you'll keep getting better.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I suggest trying to join a bike club. Most clubs will have groups riding at different paces. So you can start with a slower paced group and work your way up.

The lighter weight and skinnier tires of a road bike can take some getting used to if you are used to the heavier mountain bikes with their fat tires.

One of the advantages of a road bike is that you have a variety of positions available. You can leave your hands on the tops, sides or drops or a combination. This will help you with soreness.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Mar 4, 2008, 07:25 PM
    I guess it was the tension of it being the first time. I was so tensed and also that day I had cried over a bad news. I guess it could have been the tension. I read a good article that covered pretty much the most basic on road biking and it helped. I went for a second ride in an open road where there's no traffic. I felt more comfortable and I will continue to practice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need tips for the Road Test. [ 9 Answers ]

I have problems relaxing. I'm getting my road test tomorrow in Kitchener (a city notorious for its terrible roads), and I'm extremely nervous. When I get nervous, I shake, twitch, and piss my pants - metaphorically speaking, that is (*ahem*). I took the road test before, but it was a long time ago...

Road Bike [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a distance race bike. I am training for a triathlon. I have found some really cheap bikes on bikesdirect.com. There is a nice 24 speed for 450. The specs are all right too. I was wondering if there are cheaper, possibly nicer, bikes that are good for distance riding.

Bike Riding [ 1 Answers ]

This past weekend I purchased a mountain bike. I want to start bike riding to loose weight and tone up my body between now and July. In addition to bike riding, I also work out at the health club 4 days a week cross training with cardio and weight training. Will this help me to loose weight? If...

Stationary bike [ 1 Answers ]

Will a stationary bike give me the same results as cardio?

Street bike [ 1 Answers ]

I am selling my cruiser and am planning on buying a street bike (bullet). I would like to know what are some adventages of doing this and what are some disadvantages. Also to whoever knows about these motorcycles, what would be a good inexpensive one that would fit me. I mean I am kind of short and...

View more questions Search