Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handyman09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 10:30 AM
    GE Dishwasher Leaking
    Hi. I have a GE dishwasher. Water is leaking at the top where top spray arm is connected. There are two screws on the outside.

Do I need to replace the hose (I guess it is recirculation hose) or just the connection? If the latter, what am I looking for?

Thanks

Amir
    GregKG Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2010, 10:56 AM

What's leaking? The hose, the connection, the screwed down flange. If leak is between hose and flange, tru new or tightened clamps. If flange is leaking, buy replacement part and replace. If leaking at screw down, undo screws, fill holes with a gasket compound or good dap product and reinsert screws. Give some time to cure before using.
    handyman09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 11:35 AM
    Thanks Greg. Please see the photos attached. The two screws hold the flange and the upper spary arm in place. The leak is at the flange (I think) and leaks out from between the hose and the top of dishwasher. I've already ordered the part but do I need to replace it or just seal the flange? What shoud I use to seal the flange?

Name:  IMG_9657.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9659.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  26.4 KB
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 7, 2010, 04:25 PM

Buy small stainless steel band, slip it over the spot where hose sleeves onto the plastic 90 and tighten it well. That should do...

If it leaks from where plastic 90 connects to the body of your dishwasher than I would go on-line, pull out exploded view of your dishwasher, identify the part that may be bad and than purchased replacement parts accordingly...
    Attached Images

mlacey33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 06:42 PM
    I have this same problem. The water pools and then spills over the side to the floor. What did you do to fix it and did it solve the problem? Thanks in advance.
    lknepper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Comment on mlacey33's post
    I'm having the same problem. The hose & rubber boot on the hose are fine. No cracks or holes. One of the screws in rusty. There was a sticky substance used for a seal around the rubber boot & over the screws. There was a crack in it, but no idea where water was leaking from originally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Dishwasher leaking [ 0 Answers ]

Hi. I have a GE dishwasher. Water is leaking at the top where top spray arm is connected. There are two screws on the outside. Do I need to replace the hose (I guess it is recirculation hose) or just the connection? If the latter, what am I looking for? Thanks Amir

My dishwasher is leaking and soaking my basement! [ 1 Answers ]

This is the 2nd time this has happened. The dishwasher has been working fine, considering I have no hot water, but nonetheless it has been working fine. Tonight though, I saw a puddle underneath the washer, then ran downstairs to see that the water had been leaking to the basement and getting all...

Leaking dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

Water is leaking from ge 500 dishwasher when running?

Leaking dishwasher during cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new Frigidaie 1500 series dishwasher. It leaks water from the bottom of the door on the right and left side. It is not consistent. Sometimes only a few drops- other times a cup or more. The unit is level. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

New Dishwasher leaking water. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. Put in a new Fridgidaire Dishwasher and it is leaking water out the front during a normal cycle. Checked and it is level, so that is not the problem. :confused: Was a floor model and don't have a book to trouble shoot with. Any ideas will be greatly appeciated.

View more questions Search