Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinlover2006 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 03:40 PM
    Honda Civic 95
    Hey guys,
    I have a civic that every time I put the break the dashboard light comes on is that normal?
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 16, 2006, 03:12 AM
    Every time you PUSH the BRAKE the dashboard light comes on? Which one?

Mar 16, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply...
    Well what happens is that every time yeah every time I push the brakes the light from both the dashboard comes of and also the one which is like the heater, air con dashboard, I never noticed it before,

Any help?

Thanks

Mar 16, 2006, 06:44 PM
    First you said the lights come on, now you say they come off?

Explain EXACTLY what happens, EXACTLY which lights get turned on, EXACTLY which get turned off, when did this start happening, did you do any swaps to your car and so on.

Mar 17, 2006, 12:50 AM
    Sorry my mistake the when I press the brake, the dashboard light comes on, I have noticed only in the last few days, the light which I'm talking about is the dashboard when you can see how fast are you going, the petrol gauge, how many kms you done, the one in front of the driver seat behind the steering wheel, hopefully this makes sense, the only thing I recently chged was the radiotor... nothing else...
    Hopefully it makes...
    If not is all good but thanks...

Mar 17, 2006, 05:26 PM
    All right, so it's the back-up light... not like the Oil Pressure light or the Seat Belt light or Check Engine light... just the light that makes you see things in the dark?

So it just started happening out of the blue? You haven't touched anything, didn't mess with anything, no one tried to steal your car... you just sit in the car one morning and it started doing that? I'd try to trace lines from my brake pedal to wherever it goes and see if it's got an open anywhere in it, and if it's giving electricity to other wires, to which it really shouldn't. Nothing other to suggest really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 honda civic ex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I have an 94 civic ex and it's giving me problems and the problem is that when I shift gear and go (happens on every gear) then its making this sound from the engin and plus the car is'nt picking up speed like not enough airflow going though or burning gas so I think my trans bad or clucth is...

91 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic 4 door sedan dx. I just replaced the rotor and distributor cap and now the car won't start. First I checked multiple times to be sure I had the firing order correct. I then read the thread written by CroCivic91 and checked my ECU codes. I got a 10 and 16. The 16 sounds...

91 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

Engine runs rough - a lack of power but not a hard miss - until engine warms up but car must sit for at least 18 hrs. 170,000 miles. Replaced plugs, cap rotor - no help. Distributor shaft has minor oil leak allowing oil to get inside of cap - maybe related.

Honda civic [ 3 Answers ]

My 90 honda civic lx 1.5 twin turbo with intake and cat back exaust won't turn over... it just clicks when I hit the key. I replaced the starter.. still just clicks... checked relays and fuses... im lost please help

Honda Civic Dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what the size of speakers are in the front are rear on a honda civic dx 1991

View more questions Search