Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duwhat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Ceiling fan remote control wiring help??
    Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise instructions on wiring it included. First we tried wiring blue to blue, black to black and white to white then we wired blue and black to black from ceiling. These are all one one side of the receiver. Then on the other side of the receiver are red and white. We wired red to black from ceiling and white from both sides of receiver to white in ceiling. The light and fan both worked but no matter how we set dip switches, remote wouldn't work with brand new battery. Any suggestions?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2006, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duwhat
    Hi We just bought an Aloha Breeze remote control fan. We put it up as directed as we have put up several fans in the past. This is our first try at one with a remote. The fan came with a hand held remote and the receiver. The wiring diagram that came with it is hard to see and there are no precise instructions on wiring it included. First we tried wiring blue to blue, black to black and white to white then we wired blue and black to black from ceiling. These are all one one side of the receiver. Then on the other side of the receiver are red and white. We wired red to black from ceiling and white from both sides of receiver to white in ceiling. The light and fan both worked but no matter how we set dip switches, remote wouldn't work with brand new battery. Any suggestions?
    Well, first of all Aloha Breeze is not exactly a reputable brand.

In any case, you would wire the red to the black from the ceiling, and the white on that side of the receiver to the white from the ceiling.

On the other side of the receiver, wire black to black from fan, blue to blue from fan, white to white from fan.

For more information check:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php
    franciscarm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 05:11 PM
    I send to you a diagram . May be I can help you
    Is in attachment
    Regards Francisco Carmo
    jks12577 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Can someone email me a copy of directions for this fan?
    jks12577 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Can someone email me a copy of directions for this fan?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 07:43 PM

Try these generic instructions:

Ceiling fan installation - Ceiling Fans N More

Ceiling Fan Wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control [ 34 Answers ]

?? Hi I have a hampton bay sidewinder ceiling fan that came with a wall mount remote control. I wanted to have a hand held remote control, so went and purchased a remote control that came with its own receiver (hunter). I replaced the original receiver with the new receiver. The hand held...

Ceiling fan w/lights & remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a sun room that will have a ceiling fan with lights. I want to turn the lights on and off from 3 different locations (4-way switching). I also want to control the lights from a remote control. Does anyone offer a remote that will control the fan speeds, light dimming and also...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

Wiring Remote Control Fan [ 3 Answers ]

My son just bought a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that came with a remote control. He really didn't want the remote and wanted it wired with the switches on the wall. However the only way you can reverse the fan direction is with the remote so he wants to use the switches on the wall for the fan and...

Remote control ceiling fan transmitter/receive replacement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi -- I just replaced the transmitter/receiver on my remote control light/ceiling fan, and it's working just fine. Thing is, before I installed it, I noted that the new control set said not to use on solid state ceiling fans. Because I didn't buy the fan in the first place, I wasn't sure of even so...

View more questions Search