Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KILALA Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Buying the car with accident report
    I found the car I like over the internet site.
    The car at the used car dealership.

Friend run the autocheck report and he told me that there is accident report with the police.
    The car then sold to the auction and this car went to the dealership now.

I plan to go see the car next couple days and I will test drive.

But should I stay out from the accident car?
    Can I get some discount since they were involved with accident?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 02:41 PM

how bad a accident

Is the car "alot" cheaper because of it, major repair should lower value 20 to 30 percent of resale

But then my personal car had two minor accidents last month alone.
    ** I was not at fault on any of them

Heck my last car I traded, I bet that accident report was 10 pages long, but it was a great car.

Best thing, knowledge, have it checked out by a mechanic and/or someone who knows body work, check for frame damage
    eddiy75ru Posts: 38, Reputation: 6

Mar 6, 2009, 06:32 AM

First, typically only serious accidents show up on the CARFAX type reports. If the repair was done well it should not adversely affect the cars performance. Second, since it has been repaired and auctioned, it's selling price should be between $1500 and $2000 Lower than retail price as determined using NADA or Edmund's Blue Book. If you want better technical advice, request you be allowed to take car to a mechanic to inspect for repair quality and otherwise vehicle condition/defects. If dealer seems hesitant, that should be a definite warning sign. Many reputable used car dealers will let you see the Carfax report up front.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident: no police report, what can I do? [ 5 Answers ]

If I did not file a police report, can I sue them or get anything out of them for the damage even if it is minor?

Car accident no police report [ 7 Answers ]

I was involved in an accident on 12nov. Yes,I was my fault.although,no police report was taken,we did submit info.I was later contacted by the person whom I hit insurance compny stating,the had done an apprasial and it would total over 1300! I do not have 1300.. I have stated that I would like to...

Car accident w/o police report. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm seeking legal advice about a car accident I was involved in. I stopped in the parking lot (there weren't a lot of cars there). The car in front of me was pulling out and backed into me. The damage is not big, but there are some big scratches on my bumper and the front light. The...

Car Accident No Police Report [ 13 Answers ]

Here is my story... back in 01/2006 I was in the middle of a 5 car pile up... anyhow... we didn't call the police to make the report... the guy took my drivers license info and my insurance... which was expired... we'll I let it go... about 1 year later I get a request from the company requesting...

Private property accident report [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had an accident on private property. Who is at fault on an umarked parking lot and which persons insurance will have to pay?

View more questions Search