Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noelgina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2017, 05:35 AM
    Lump on penis shaft
    I found a lump on top of penis shaft about half way along it's about 15mm oval shaped and slightly painful when squeezed it is not visible.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 17, 2017, 05:46 AM
    It is common to grow lumps on sensitive skin, especially in hidden areas of the body. Most are harmless cysts, filled with water, body oil, hair, or a combination of all 3.
    Don't squeeze it. (Why do people feel that need, I always wonder?)

Leave it alone for now. If it gets painful (all on it's own, not from squeezing), see your doctor. Even pain doesn't indicate anything serious, 99.9% of the time, just pressing on nerves.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 17, 2017, 08:24 AM
    I agree with Joy. I would bring it up with your doctor the next time you get a check up.

Joy, when people see or feel something like that it is unusual and they want to get rid of it. Like a pimple or black head popping by applying pressure seems the logical way. Doesn't seem like something important enough to see a doctor about, even though it is.
    DinoM Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2017, 10:47 AM
    You say it's not visible, so you feel it inside the shaft? If so, it could be the beginning of Peyronie's disease, a formation of scar tissue inside the penis that can eventually lead to a curvature (like a banana) of the penis when erect. If you are taking any type of beta-blockers, stop them immediately. They are a primary contributor and continued use will only cause it to worsen.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 11, 2017, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoM View Post
    You say it's not visible, so you feel it inside the shaft? If so, it could be the beginning of Peyronie's disease, a formation of scar tissue inside the penis that can eventually lead to a curvature (like a banana) of the penis when erect. If you are taking any type of beta-blockers, stop them immediately. They are a primary contributor and continued use will only cause it to worsen.
    We require that you authenticate this information. I don't see your credentials for this type of information. How can you disgnose this without a visual examination?
    DinoM Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2017, 06:32 PM
    You are correct I don't have "credentials" and obviously I nor anyone else could diagnose this without a physical examination. A member of my family was diagnosed with this many years ago, so I have some knowledge of the subject. I was only trying to provide some hopefully helpful information for the questioner and did not know I had to be an expert or "credentialed" to post an answer. I meant no disrespect and feel free to delete my post if you deem necessary.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 11, 2017, 07:26 PM
    DinoM, I was quite interested in your information, all new to me.
    Please don't leave.
    I don't know what is bugging tickle tonight, who is not speaking for anyone I know with that 'we require' bit.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 11, 2017, 09:19 PM
    Tick, who is the WE that requires authentication? DinoM's advice was spot on.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 12, 2017, 06:41 AM
    Seeing as I am being 'ganged up on' my apologies are offered and hopefully accepted. My understanding was that, while diagnosing, the source of information had to be shown as well. Is this not so ?

Fordyce spots, formed from sebaceous glands, can also be a cause of lumps on a penis. This can be googled. They are not harmful.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2017, 03:11 PM
    Tickle, When someone says "it could be" that's not a diagnosis, that's a suggestion, a possibility.

It's like suggesting to a dog owner that bloody diarrhea and vomiting could be parvo. It's not a diagnosis, it's a possibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on penis shaft [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small lump on my penis shaft that I found showering the other day. I have not had sexual contact in over a month. I am a 20 year old male. It doesn't seem to be filled with puss, it isn't discolored, and isn't painful. My shaft does itch time to time but doesn't itch constantly. I have...

Lump on the shaft of my penis [ 1 Answers ]

I'm fifteen years old and about a month ago I noticed a small bump on the shaft of my penis. It grew larger in size within about a week and I popped it and pus and some blood came out like a pimple but it didn't completely go away. The lump then grew large again and I popped it. Whenever I squeeze...

Lump above penis shaft? [ 0 Answers ]

Lump on abdomen above penis shaft but there is no sign of it on the skin, it is painful.

Lump on shaft of penis [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I notice a hardened spot on the bottom of the shaft of my penis, I put a little pressure on it and puss came out, like a pimple, so I thought it was that, but the lump has not gone down/ healed since popping it and now is sore. Anyone have any idea if this is serious or what it might...

Lump on the shaft of my penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 47 yrs old male.Two weeks ago I founda small lump on my penis on the left side.It is about the size of an eraser on a pencil,It is movable and solid a little hard .By touch it hurts a little.A few months ago I had one in my sac and it went away after a short while.If possible please can...

View more questions Search