Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4Bees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2014, 10:25 AM
    BAD Smell
    There is a terrible smell in our front room and in our daughters room. It almost smells like a skunk. The front room is the worst. It is by the front door and the main odor area is by the large picture window. I have shampooed the carpets and the rest of the floors are wood. We noticed it at Christmas. I thought something had urinated or sprayed my tree skirt. I washed it and disenfected it and used it.(it smell OK not like new) Once I packed it away again the odor has become overwhelming.

We have Chihuahua a that is housebroke (an occasionally accident if we don't notice her at door) But usually great at getting your attention. I don't know what to do.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 13, 2014, 10:35 AM
    Is the foundation of the house a concrete slab or does it have a crawlspace or basement?
    SpaParts Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Mar 29, 2014, 08:45 AM
    One of the best tip for treating a smelly carpet is the shampooing process. Spread a good amount of baking powder on the carpet and leaving it on for a while. After leaving the baking soda on for a while, vacuum the carpet for a fresh smell.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 29, 2014, 08:52 AM
    I have shampooed the carpets
    I'm going to assume that since you said you shampooed the carpet that that isn't the issue...;) I suppose if your dog went pee and it soaked through the rug and soaked into the floor then that could be an issue here (no amount of cleaning rug will get rid of that).

However, when I read this question my first thought was that if you has a FORCED AIR FURNACE there could be an issue in some of the duct work, or the condensate of the system. What type of system heats your home?

Mark
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2014, 04:54 PM
    You could have nesting animals or a dead animal in your crawl space or under or next to your foundation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

My dog is droolin really bad and she has an bad smell what should I do [ 6 Answers ]

My dog is drooling really bad and she has a bad smell to her, all she does is sleep

Bad smell [ 6 Answers ]

I work in a busy office in FL. We have spent much money fixing AC, cleaning/replacing ducts... even tried cleaning out plumbing. Roof has been replaced, wallpaper taken down, carpet cleaned... AC still stinks... Doc says like sewer... I say like stinky feet. Building is very old much work has...

Very Bad smell [ 1 Answers ]

There is a very bad smell in my office, like a dead amimal have you any ideas how to find were it is coming from please

BAD SMELL I have a very bad smell coming from my toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I live on a slab, older house & have a horrible smell coming from one of my bathrooms, also there are nats flying out of my shower drain. Do you have any idea on what this could be... I really don't have the money for a plumber... please let me know any suggestions... Thank You :confused: ...

View more questions Search