Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    santosh jha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 10:48 PM
    virus
    I have windows 2000 server and it is infected by downloader virus, so please tell
    Me what to do.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Do you have a system restore feature? When my computer is weird I do that. I'm no expert though, so you may want to wait for one to come and help. :)
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 12:39 AM
    If that doesn't work then download the free avg antivirus, reboot in safe mode with networking and install. Once installed, let it download the updates from the internet and scan the drives. Once it is done then reboot and enjoy.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Dec 1, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Santosh.Good advice from jham.The virus you say you have,is this one:

Discovered: April 4, 2002
    Updated: February 13, 2007 11:42:23 AM
    Also Known As: TrojanDownloader.Win32.GetFile, TrojanDownloader.Win32/Erom [R, Downloader.w [DRS]
    Type: Trojan Horse
    Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP

It's "threat level" is described as low,and is easy to get rid of,even though it is annoying to have the virus in the first place.

AVG,ccleaner,Spybot Search and destroy,Adaware,are all good programs to install,to keep your PC safe.I would also suggest installing Zone Alarm Firewall.All these programs are free.If you have these already,my apologies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virus [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, My PC is affected one virus worm.win32.autot.c, I am using the latest antivirus and uptodate, that affecting one one folde in system 32 rvhost.exe, I can't remove that folder, how can I remove that virus

About a virus [ 4 Answers ]

HI This is Amit kumar from North India, actually my PC is suffring from a Virus called new folder or named like parent folder. Its size is 188 kb. It looks like a folder and when I try to open it it spreds in my c: (windows). And disable Task Manager and Folder option etc. All Anti viruses are...

Virus, please help [ 15 Answers ]

I've got a message on my computer saying C:\WINDOW\TEMP\SE.DLL is infected with trojan horse start page.19.J I haven't a clue what to do, please help.

Virus [ 4 Answers ]

I have trend Pcillin virus scanner which finds the follwing viruses : ADW_NCASE.A ADW_MIWAY WORM SOBER A These are shown as deleted but when I scan again they are still there When I do AVG virus scan - these do not show Helppppp please - are they there or not Thanks

Anti virus disable, is is a virus? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running AVG atni-virus, and it just stopped working... it would start to scan then completely close out, so I deleted it off my computer and re installed it I had the same problem so I got norton and I had the same problem.  so I'm guessing I have something on my computer that's turning them...

View more questions Search