Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adisolo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 02:49 AM
    H2B visa tax returning policy
    I would like to know wich taxes I am able to get back while I am a seasonal worker in usa on a singely statute.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 6, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Workers in country on "H" visas are liable for all the taxes that U.S. citizens have to pay, to include Social Sceurity and Medicare taxes.

You may be able to file as a resident alien, a dual-status alien or as a non-resident alien. You have not provided enough information for me to differentiate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L1 Visa : Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on L1 visa type to US at Florida.My duration of stay is around 3.5 months only . Can anybody please clarify my doubts regarding the tax that I incur being at US: Since I am at L1 , am I supposed to Pay 1. Social Security Tax 2.Medicare Tax

Forms for returning US-India Tax treaty benefit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I came to US in 2004 December as a researcher and signed for US-India tax exemption treaty, and have taken the full benefit for 2004 and 2005. However, I overstayed and now would like to return the benefit taken. Please let me know which form should I use to pay back the tax benefit.

Tax on L1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am from India and going to US for 3 year , for this financial year I will be in US for 3 months (90 days) , as my period is 90 days (less than 90 days) do I need to pay tax or even if I pay tax will I get the tax back as return. Please advice. Cheers, Nipun

Tax on H1-B visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dear tax expert, Presently, I am single, from India, starting to work as a post-doctoral associate, in a university (non-profit organization).The designation is of employee status in the university. I am paid 37K per annum plus for my medicare. How much I may have to pay as my taxes annually, when...

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

View more questions Search