Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LillieMae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2011, 04:04 AM
    I have a 2000 buick lesabre. I move the shift lever into reverse. The car won't move.
    What do I need to do?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2011, 07:04 AM

If the transmission has not had the transmission fluid and filter changed regularly, it likely needs rebuilding or replacing. The reverse clutch pack is likely toast. Does it work in all other gears? Is the fluid dark and burnt?
    Techsam Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Make sure the fluid level is right and check after running the engine for about 10 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gear Shift will not move unless car is off/on again [ 1 Answers ]

I was stopped with the engine on. In park. I decided to then go and put foot on brake and moved the gear shift back to Drive. It would not go into drive. Would not move at all. Then turned engine off and turned back on and forced it into drive. It did but it sounded like it was in Low not...

I need unlock code for a 2000 buick lesabre [ 1 Answers ]

I need unlock code for a 2000 buick lesabre

Yard Machine only wants to move in reverse. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a Yard Machine (Model# 13BM675G009) 14.5 horse Briggs powered, Transmatic (I think?) mower. It wasn't running when I got it and that has all been fixed but when I start it the mower refuses to move forward. It will move perfectly fine in reverse although it also seems to go in...

Trip lever in tub won't move [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Last night when I tried to use our tub, I found that the trip lever that moves the plunger closed will not move. After checking several sites, I found out that we have a plunger type of drain. It have the flat cover on the tub drain with no moving part showing in the tub itself. What can...

View more questions Search