Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookreadingbelle Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Forgotton title-thriller book about a watcher
    A few years back I read the first chapter of a really good book that I never had the chance to finish. I'm now trying to track it down and would appreciate any suggestions as to its title and author.

Here's what I remember.

It began with a first person, male, protagonist who was watching a girl. He knew a lot about the girl, but she was unaware of him. It was really creepy, and I think he abducted her later. There also might have been alternate chapters that told her side of the events.

It was pre-2003, and I had the feeling the author was male (though I'm not definate). It is a well known book (except by me) and ranks up there with Perfume. In fact, I'd convinced myself it was called Perfume until I actually read that and realised it wasn't the book I was looking for.

I hope someone can help me. I think that if you've read it, some of that would ring a bell. I know I would recognise it in the first paragraph if I found it again.

Thanks in advance, anyone who can help,

Louise x
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 2, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Could it be The Collector, by John Fowles?

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title for supernatural thriller required [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, On Sunday evening the 23rd September I saw a movie on the free TV whilst staying in a motel in Auckland, New Zealand. I had just flown 3hrs from Australia and was too tired to care much at the time. Saw bits of this movie whilst eating dinner in my motel room and now a week later find...

Book title [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to find the title and author of a book I read some time ago. I read it in an edition of Reader's Digest Condensed Books. But unfortunately I do not remember which selection. Anyway it was a story of a school bus accident during a winter storm. Can you help me?

Unknown title for teen thriller novel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my first time here and I was wondering if anyway know the name of this book. Unknown title for teen thriller/horror novel. It's a three series book, at the beginning its about a teenager girl buying this paper boardgame at this unusual store for her boyfriends birthday present. After...

View more questions Search