Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bookreadingbelle Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 08:58 AM
    title of film where drawings come to life
    When I was a kid I saw this film about a little girl who had magic pens, and what she drew, she dreamed. It was also a book but I can't remember the title of either film or book. I think the title had the word "house" or "dream" in it? I think she was ill and had to stay in bed. She drew a boy looking out of the window and, because she had not drawn his legs, in her dream he was in a wheelchair. She drew a cross looking person who terrorised the girl and boy in the house until she scribbled out his face and then he was blind. Also, randomly, I remember her mum saying, "Some hot milk, and then to bed". It was quite dark and scary. Any ideas? Might have had a scene where someone's head is knocked off at a wedding? Or that might be from another film. Thanks in advance, anyone who stayed up late in the early 90's watching random horror films.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2008, 10:17 AM
    I think it's Paperhouse from 1988. I've always wanted to see it.

Jan 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
    That's ringing a bell, I'll go look- thanks!
    danradcliffe879 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Umm never heard of it

Jul 15, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Marianne Dreams was the book!
    horsetail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 03:03 PM
    I thought the book had 'pencil' in the title. Does 'Fiona' sound like the little girl's name? I too have been looking for this book.
    horsetail Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
    Hah! I found. The book is called 'Marianne Dreams' and was made into a movie called 'Paperhouse'. The author was Catherine Storr. She wrote several books one title being 'Polly and the Stupid Wolf'. The author is British and the Marianne book is on UK Amazon. Now I just need to find a copy closer to home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know the title of this film ? [ 3 Answers ]

I really need help I remember watching a film and really enjoyed but can't remember the title could you help.. I remember it was about a guy and a girl, he become quite obsessed with her and draws a tattoo on his back with her name on.I also remember that they went on a roller coaster and he put...

Film Title? [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a film many years ago and would love to know what its called. It was about a young boy who was terminally ill and ended up dying, possibly of AIDS. The only proper details I remember were that he has a little friend who had leukemia and her favourite colour was turquoise, and when she...

Real Life Based Film [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the title to this film... Its about this poor married couple that live in a small town and the wife gives birth to about 5 or 6 babies at once but because they are sooo poor... they can't afford to look after them or anything and this rich couple see the babies...

Looking for a film title [ 4 Answers ]

Saw part of film about 4 years ago on TV. Don't think it was a cinema one. Set in USA, man goes to an old white colonial house I think it was a hotel then he finds a coin in his room and when he falls asleep holding it he goes back in time and he falls in love with a woman. Then I only saw the end...

View more questions Search