Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nthalyfe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
    How can I get my child tested so that he is put in his correct grade?
    My son failed 1st grade twice. He was later diagnosed with ADHD. Since then he has been on medication and is now an honor roll student. Next year he's going to the 6th grade but I would like to have him tested for the 7th grade. He is currently doing sixth grade work at home (online). I live in Greenville, SC and his teacher's aren't able to provide me with any information.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 03:58 PM

By the time a student gets past the 4th grade, the curriculum gets heavier and heavier year by year. Has he taken any tests at home under your eagle eye to find out if he already knows all the stuff he will be learning in 6th grade?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 10:07 PM

Ask the school ( most likely principal or even school board) that they will give him the year end test they use, something like the CAT or Iowa or others that your school may use.

This will show if he has the skills.

But since he has been with all the same kids now for 5 years, with friendships made, will the social issues of leaving them to to with a new class he does not remember ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I go to have my child tested for grade skipping? [ 10 Answers ]

Well,. I have an 13 year old daughter,and she feels that she is doing the same work very year,she is in the 8th grade,I wouldn't say she's an A honor roll student but she does make good grade.The question is where in Albany can I have my child tested to skip the 8th grade,and go on to bigger an...

Where can I get my child tested for dyslexia [ 5 Answers ]

Hi this is the first time I have used this site.. can anyone tell me where I can get my child tested?? We live in oxford she I showing all the classic signs but the school she is in don't test for this so I really need help where to go and what to do many thanks

How do I discipline or correct bad behavior of an 18 yr old who is not my child? [ 1 Answers ]

I am four months pregnant and have just left an abusive husband. His former employer hired me right before I decided to leave. I love this job. Unfortunately there is another employee there who is extremely difficult because he thinks that the whole world revolves around him. If he gets an...

What test should my daughter take in DC to get in her correct grade? [ 1 Answers ]

My Child Is In The 8th Grade For The Third Time And I Want To Know What Test Should I Get Her To Take So She Will Be Put In The Correct Grade.

View more questions Search