Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    js0518 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Probation moving to other state if getting married would they say yes no matter what
    My girlfriend and I have lived in New York the last 2 yrs and because of her health its better we live in Missouri for better health care she is already in Missouri and I'm here going to court on Thursday to get sentenced to probation its my first offence and I also have better job oppertunities for me in Missouri. We are getting married next year but if we were to get married now will that help me with my probation officer?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Getting married now would have no effect on this as far as I can see. What does have an effect is that time goes by and you don't get into any more trouble while on probation. Check out excon's sticky at the top of this topic to see how to go about transferring probation. There are certain criteria that must be met before they will agree to the transfer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 05:24 AM
    Yes, no move to another state is for sure if you are on probation, the state you are moving from has to release you and the new state has to agree to take you. The type of crime, prior criminal history all comes into play. Also it is doubtful that they will release you for at least several months as they will want to follow and see if you are at least starting to follow the rules, If you can have a place to live arranged and a job arranged there it will help.

And this will be a question I am sure they will ask, if you use the same story as above, what type of health care can they get in MO that they could not get within your own state ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What state of matter is water vapor? [ 7 Answers ]

What state of matter is water vapor?

Moving to another state while on probation. [ 5 Answers ]

Which of the 8 states have made it a felony to move into there state without applying first if on (even) mistomener probation ?

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had a case in the state of New Jersey in which he received probation. He also had a probation in NYC because of a previous case. Because he lives in New York he transferred his NJ probation to NY. Apparently this transfer never happened because he received a letter in July stating that...

4th state of matter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the definition of the 4th state of matter?

The 4th State of Matter and its explanation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the 4th State of Matter and its explanation?What are examples of this?

View more questions Search