Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Narataru Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2009, 06:27 PM
    How to read blueprints?
    If I want to know the measure of a room in a blueprint, how do I measure. For example, the blueprint says 10'4".

The width of that room measurement is from stud to stud or finished drywall to finished drywall.

Attached Images

cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Oct 8, 2009, 04:30 AM

Blueprints should have a scale. You use this scale to figure your measurements.

If the scale on the blue print shows 1/4" it should show what that 1/4" measurement is in actual measurement.

This scale should be on the blueprint.

Add: I reread your post. The blue print should show the measurement of your 10 ft 4inch wall and what that pertains to in that measurement. Is it the floor plan portion of the blue print? Usually a floor plan will show the completed house. So, it would be the width of a finished wall, if I remember correctly. What blueprint do you have?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 9, 2009, 05:23 AM
    In my area when we establish walls on a rough in we measure from the unfinished wall, (the plate) so the answer would be, "from stud to stud". Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What setup do I need to take pictures of blueprints? [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of digitizing files onto the computer. Blueprints and larger files do not fit in the scanner so I would like to create a setup where I could take high quality photos of the larger documents and convert them to .pdf (for example). The picture would need to be taken from directly...

Would you have 3 Copies of blueprints printed if the plans weren't finished yet? [ 10 Answers ]

Would an architect who truly believed that the house plans he had designed for a client were not finished--in that they still needed to have structural engineering done by a licensed engineer on a major site-built truss--send the blueprints to the printer and have 3 complete copies of the entire 11...

Basic Blueprints [ 3 Answers ]

I want learn the basics of blueprints. Is there a web-site that is free for me to look at?

View more questions Search