Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ntinos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Sata cannot boot when IDE is present
    Hello
    I have a problem with my new sata HDD. I install the winxp sp2 into the sata (with F6 etc for the raid). Everything are working normaly, but when I'm trying to install an ide HDD the sata is not appearing and is trying to boot from the ide.
    The bios doesn't see at all the sata hdd.
    My mobo is Soltek SL-PT880E-RL with the latest bios.
    Does anyone have any idee of how to make it work.

PS. I have try out any compinations I could thought nothing work, and I'm starting to disappointing
    Peter_sgc Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 10:57 AM
    So, are u trying to dual boot a IDE Drive and a SATA Drive?
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 29, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Ntinos,

Not sure if you tried this yet but set your Boot order to have SCSI boot before HDD. Also what is the current config for your EHCI, Channel 0 and Channel 1? Are they enabled or disabled?

Casey
    Ntinos Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2006, 03:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply
    I solve the problem, by accident, with your way.
    I choose SCSI as boot device and it worked out.
    And I don't get it wy SOLTEK is not specifying SATA instant of SCSI, or both.
    Thanks anyway for your reply

Ntinos
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 30, 2006, 04:46 AM
    Some motherboards consider SATA as SCSI in the BIOS. Your motherboard doesn't even have SCSI on it. It is misleading. I ran into that several times before with other motherboards.

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Present Values [ 16 Answers ]

Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: 1. r = 8 percent. T = 10 years. 2. r = 8 percent. T = 20 years. 3. r = 4 percent. T = 10 years. 4. r = 4 percent. T = 20 years.

Sata problems [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer system: sapphire pure crossfire advantage mobo AMD athlon 3800+ skt939 radeon X850XT PE Maxtor 250gb sata hdd The problem I am having is that I can't install windows onto the sats hdd. When I get to the windows XP install screen it says that "windows cannot be...

Sata Raid [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Looking for a laymans explanation of SATA RAID and why it would be good to have in a Hi end DAW PC. Thanks Stu

View more questions Search