Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stoney06 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2006, 09:05 PM
    iPod nano
    I have a iPod nano and my girlfriend has the new one that you can put music videos on it. Well I was just going to let her use my computer to download all her music. So when we hooked hers up it said that you had to update the version to one higher than I had for my nano. So I did and everything was fine until I went to hook my nano up to it and I guess it loaded that version on to my nano and it took up a lot of memory space, I have the 4g and I can only hold like 3.3g's or some where around there. I was wondering if there was a way that I could go back to my old version, so I will have more memory on my nano and can put more than just like 700 songs on it? Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Uninstall hers and reinstall yours, then do a sync. See if that works.
    gymclassheroesluver12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney06
    i have a ipod nano and my girlfriend has the new one that you can put music videos on it. well i was just going to let her use my computer to download all her music. so when we hooked hers up it said that you had to update the version to one higher than i had for my nano. so i did and everything was fine untill i went to hook my nano up to it and i guess it loaded that version on to my nano and it took up a lot of memory space, i have the 4g and i can only hold like 3.3g's or some where around there. i was wondering if there was a way that i could go back to my old version, so i will have more memory on my nano and can put more than just like 700 songs on it? thanks
    You know you can only put 1000 songs on the 4gb and if you want to go back to your old version,you have to go to another itunes and plug up your iPod then it will say :this iPod has been updated to a newwer version of the itunes,would you like to do the same with the iPod again? And then you click no so then you will be back to your normal version! Your welcome!
    Bandit Too Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
    I have a new nano iPod. Would like to load my own CD s from my computer to the iPod. Can someone give me step by step instructions. Do I need to go through iTunes? Don't want to pay to install my own CD s. Thanks, Bandit Too
    rubennava Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney06
    i have a ipod nano and my girlfriend has the new one that you can put music videos on it. well i was just going to let her use my computer to download all her music. so when we hooked hers up it said that you had to update the version to one higher than i had for my nano. so i did and everything was fine untill i went to hook my nano up to it and i guess it loaded that version on to my nano and it took up a lot of memory space, i have the 4g and i can only hold like 3.3g's or some where around there. i was wondering if there was a way that i could go back to my old version, so i will have more memory on my nano and can put more than just like 700 songs on it? thanks
    Once you changed the version you can't change it back
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Too
    I have a new nano ipod. Would like to load my own CD s from my computer to the ipod. Can someone give me step by step instructions. Do I need to go thru iTunes? Don't want to pay to install my own CD s. Thanks, Bandit Too
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your own question on someone else's thread. This tends to cause confusion.

You do need to use the iTunes software to sync with the iPod. But there is no fee for using the software except when you download music from the Apple store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Put Songs From My CD Onto An iPod [ 7 Answers ]

I am getting an iPod and I need to know if I can transfer my songs on my conputer that are from CDs to the iPod. Along with that what software programs can I use to download music? Please tell my that itunes isn't my only choice. And by the way, is DRM eliminated when downloading music, I hope it...

IPod 'v' Creative [ 1 Answers ]

I was interested in getting a 20gb iPod and then heard about Creative's Zen... How well does it compare? Can it be only used with a PC, or is it also Mac compatible? Any info / advice much appreciated! Cheers :D

What do you think of the SanDisk Sansa player? [ 3 Answers ]

SanDisk Sansa™ c100 Series MP3 Player (1G.)... or Ipod Nano 1G ? What to do, which one shall I get?. the Sansa comes with FMradio with 20 pre-set stations and it turns out to be cheaper!. hey, 30 bucks lesss... Any advice ? Peace, Rene

AC Adaptor for Nano [ 3 Answers ]

I have just purchased an AC adapter for Apple Nano 2GB. The ac adaptor has following specifications; Ac input 90-260V Output 4.9V to 11V DC I am not sure should I connect it with my Nano or not. Nano can be charged with USB port which gives 5V DC but the new adaptor says 4.9V to 11V....

Ipod & WIN ME [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what software i need and where i can get it to make ipod work with windows millennium? ??

View more questions Search