Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dklacik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Leak from Steam unit
    We recently remodeled and had a steam shower added to our master bath. The steam generator plumbing leaked and it appears to have seeped on top of the sub floor and underneath the tile about 10 feet. The water to the stam generator has been turned off, but there is still water seeping between the sub fllor and the tile of the shower and the tile floor coming back towards the unit. How will this dry out? It seems like before it dries out, if it does, there is likely to be permanent damage since the drying out will likely take quite a while with the water trapped between the tile and the sub floor. Even though it has only been a few weeks it looks like I'm starting to see a darkening in the grout in a couple of areas. Do we need to have the contractor tear out the tile and dry the area thoroughly and then redo all the tile?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 9, 2006, 11:13 AM
    I assume the leak on the steam jenny has been repaired. Before I went to the labor and expense of tearing up the tile I would rent a couple of dehumidifiers and set them up near the spilll and try to dry the area out that way. Whose responsible for the leak? The plumbers installation or a faulty piece of equipment? Whosoevers fault , they shuld pick up the expense. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bush steam generator [ 1 Answers ]

I have bought a bush steam generator believing it to be in working order. No steam comes out. It makes a loud noise when I press the steam button and the filter cartridge is brown. Could this be the problem ? Help please.

Moving steam radiators [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to relocate single pipe steam radiators, basically swap some around by putting larger ones (in colder areas) where small ones are and vice versa. It seems that it should be easy enough to close the valve, disconnect the radiator and relocate. I have no education on this though and I am...

Floor tile over steam pipe? [ 3 Answers ]

I had a steam radiator relocated in a bathrom that is being renovated. The plumber ran a copper pipe to the radiator, leaving so little clearance above it that the ceramic floor tile will be touching the pipe directly. Is that OK? WIll the tile crack as the pipe heats up with steam? Thanks,

Self Esteem [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I hope you can help me in this, How can I improve the self esteem in someone I really care about, He is having some difficulties facing the life because of that . Thank you Sara :confused: Hi I post this Q? Few days go ,and till now I did not get any reply, I really hope that...

View more questions Search