Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpinnc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2006, 06:02 PM
    Suggestions for courthouse wedding
    We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 2, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Why not do it out of door, how about getting a non demoniational minister to do a non religious service ( if you don't want religion)

Perhaps do the service where you meet.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 2, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Congratulations! In most couthouse weddings I've seen people are in suits, dressed more like office-formal but not wedding-ish. It is a civil ceremony as opposed to a religious one so it lacks any of the usual trappings of it apart from having witnesses in place of the maid of honor and best man. It is still a celebration, no question of that and one that can be followed by romantic things such as a leisurely meal for the four of you (you'll want to thank your witnesses somehow) at an upscale restaurant, then a carriage ride just for two through a park and a stay at a luxury hotel--of course it needs to be whatever your taste and budget allows? It certainly is a time for some pampering and fun for you both so be sure to plan for that - just think mini vacation with a romantic theme!
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Sep 2, 2006, 10:36 PM
    Be sure to have someone take pictures. Then go to a nice restaurant that you never been to for a nice meal. It's the feelings you will remember most not how much you spend. If you are happy,get married on the river bank,then go fishing and eat your catch.
    starryeyed Posts: 49, Reputation: 6

Sep 8, 2006, 12:04 PM
    How about having the groom present you with your bouquet... Or each of the guests bring a flower as a symbol of their warm wishes, then assembling them as your bouquet... Also, you I'm not sure how a courthouse wedding is where you live, but we are doing something similar, and the official is OK with us having a few 'gestures' around the necessary things he has to do - so we will probably have a few readings - poetry or an excerpt... And maybe a friend will play a song for us... And, even though it's understated - you're still the bride, and have the right to wear something that celebrates that!
    DEBK1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helpinnc
    We are getting married on November 3 at the court house by the Justice of the Peace. Both been married before don't want to spend money on wedding. How do you make this day special and something to remember? What do you wear? Not sure how to make plans. Someone please help.
    My daughter is also getting married at the courthouse Oct 26 2007. She is a heavier person and wearing from Lane Bryant pair of those slacks that a silky and wide legs with flat shoes and a nice top also from Lane Bryant. Nothing expensive as I work in the courthouse also and the wedding will be approximately 3 minutes. Any attire is presentable, what are you thinking of wearing?
    lrhall41 Posts: 123, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Congratulations!! Anything that you wear will be "special"... Just the occasion is what makes it important. Relax and enjoy the ceremony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any more suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't started anything to lighten my under arms. I have been reading all your experieces and greatly appreiate your input. I'm medium/dark tan skin and have pretty dark underarms, knees and inner thighs. This has always been an issue for me and have waited too long to do something about...

Proper way to go about courthouse /church wedding [ 6 Answers ]

What is the proper why to approach this my daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse in order to be able to go with him to germany.But would like to have a wedding ceremony for family and friends next year.Is this common or will be think wrong of her

Need Some Suggestions [ 17 Answers ]

Well, My Problem Is My 9 Mth Old Daughter Will Not Sleep In Her Own Bed. She Will Not Sleep Anywhere Without Me! I Try To Put Her In Her Crib, But She Just Won't Go In There. She Thinks It Is For Playing In, And Not For Sleeping In. I Am Not A Big Fan Of Letting Her Cry It Out, But If That Is The...

Getting married at courthouse/church wedding [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter has decided to marry her soilder at the courthouse so she is able to go to germany with him on his orders can she still have a church ceremony without it being wrong

View more questions Search