Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARKEE Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2006, 11:00 AM
    J pipe for showers
    Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks...

Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New installation or are you replacing a existing shower? What size is the drain pipe the trap would connect to? What kind of a shower? Tile? Plastic or fiberglass shower enclosurer? How far along are you on this? What "specs" are you asking for?
    I'll wait on your answer, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 13, 2006, 11:15 AM
    J pipe for showers

Is there a special j pipe for a shower drain? Or do you just use 90 to make the j pipe and if so what are the specs so no sewer gas leaks...

Whoa! Not so fast there Markee. That "j pipe" is called a trap. And before I even answer I want to know a little more about this project. New installation or are you replacing a existing shower? What size is the drain pipe the trap would connect to? What kind of a shower? Tile? Plastic or fiberglass shower enclosurer? How far along are you on this? What "specs" are you asking for?
    I'll wait on your answer, Tom

Feb 13, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Plastic shower new install 2 inch pipe will be inclosed spec on the length of the trap from bottom of the pan,is more distance better
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 13, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKEE
    plastic shower new install 2 inch pipe will be inclosed spec on the length of the trap from bottom of the pan,is more distance better
    The distance, (length of the trap raiser or shower stubup) between the drain and the trap can be any length. One is not better then the other. Regards, Tom

Feb 13, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Now do you just use 90s to make the trap?
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 13, 2006, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKEE
    now do you just use 90s to make the trap?
    No, You purchase the trap ready made. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showers without tiles [ 6 Answers ]

I am building a shower and don't want to use tiles. The pre fab plastic showers are mostly small and or expensive. I want to build a 5'X5' shower on a pre existing concreat floor that has a drain already. Can I just pour cement and slope it with an outer curb and then paint it with waterproof...

Showers backed up [ 1 Answers ]

While I was taking a shower last night, my wife flushed the toilet in our other bathroom and the toilet in the bathroom I was in started gurgling. After the gurgling stopped the shower would not drain. I used a plunger on the drain in the tub and it would not drain. Now the shower in the other...

Baby Showers [ 6 Answers ]

I am pretty much set on having a co-ed baby shower. I will probably put it together on my own. Since the twins are due sept. 22nd, and the dr says they will more than likely be about two weeks early I'm wondering when I should have the shower?? I am thinking since it will be summer and we have a...

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom,I only found this site yesterday. Can the british showers work in the usa. What about the voltage difference. Or can I find something similar in the usa. Thanks olivia

Electric showers [ 3 Answers ]

My old shower broke it was a 7.5kw,can I buy a 8.5kw or higher and connect it to the plumbig/electrical supply already in place? Could someone tell me what kw means,is it electric or pressure term. :confused:

View more questions Search