Ask
    phats_babygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Boy or girl
    I am 3 months pregnant, will I have a boy or a girl
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Not to sound harsh, but I have no idea. There is no way to tell without an ultrasound or an amniocentesis.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
    I think you have asked this in the wrong area. How about moderators put this in the pychic and fortune telling board?
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Like the above answers have all said, there is no way to tell until there is an ultrasound, or amnio. Done. Me friends mom swears up and down on her" pencil test" that she can determine what you are having. She holds a pencil above the inside of your wrist and depending on which way the pencil twists that is what you will have, and she can there fore determine how many children you will be having as well. She swears that it worked on her, and it has to do with something flowing in your blood stream that the pencil lead reacts to.. welll. I say that is aload of crap. First of all, the sperm of the MALE is the one who decides what the sex of the baby will be. There are lots of little tests and predictors out there that swear they can tell you the sex of your unborn babe, but they are all false promises, unless they are the medically run tests from your doctors office as listed above. We all suffer with the insatiable desire to know what the sex of our unborn baby will be, but until that ultrasound comes into play around the beginning of month 5, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us. Don't let yourself be fooled by all the fake promises out there, and just be patient, you aren't that far off from knowing now. Best wishes.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 27, 2006, 02:56 PM
    I can tell you one thing for sure, you WILL have a... baby.

This is something to ask your Ob/Gyn
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 03:01 PM
    Amniocentesis,

Can actually cause miscarriages. The safest and untrusive way to find out the sex of the baby is with an ultrasound.

Joe
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Yes, Joe, they can cause miscarriages, but they are medically necessary for a woman over 35 who is pregnant. The incidence of a miscarriage is lower these days because it is done with a little camera and the chances of the needle hitting the baby are lower.

I had one with my youngest, I was 38 and had chemo in the past and needed to know if my little one was healthy. They will not do an amnio just for the sex of the baby, it has to be medically necessary to do one.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
    And even then they can never be 100 percent sure after all the cord can be mistaken for dangly bits when it's a girly hehehehe not that millie was shy she was quite happy for us all to see giggle
    Expert

Dec 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
    That happened to a friend of mine. Twice!! She was told both babies would be boys. NOT!!

But an amnio is 100% accurate.
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2006, 04:02 PM
    I knew as soon as I saw the ultrasound video at 18 weeks. My wife was set against finding out and I wanted to know. So the doctor want to be (me). Studies the video and pause and play and looked over several times and I knew the baby had a pee pee. I was so proud to know I was going to have a boy.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question regarding 3 yr old boy [ 6 Answers ]

I have babysat for 1 1/2 years for a family with a 3 yr old boy and an 8 yr old girl. I actually have given them a 2 week notice to end this, as there have been many issues with them. I have six daughters, one of which will be turning 3 soon. At first, I thought the boy was very shy and...

It's a Boy! [ 31 Answers ]

Well, its official, we had the ulrasound and we found out we are having another baby boy! We are so excited!:p

This boy [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: this boy likes me but he's afraid to ask me out what should I do it? I think its wrong if the girl asks out a guy,, or should I have mi friend do it , Or in a note?? :confused:

Pregnant? Boy or Girl? [ 3 Answers ]

I found this forum & find it very interesting! SO I thought I would ask a question for all of you psychics & fortune tellers! My husband & I have been trying to conceive our second child & we have had to go on some fertility medicine. My birthdate is 8/11/78 & his is 10/12/79 - how long till we...

Boy or Girl? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! About two weeks ago I discovered I am pregnant! ;D I wonder if anyone can tell me whether it's a boy or a girl. Thanks!

View more questions Search