Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zix Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2006, 09:47 PM
    Fix water leaking through tile on shower wall
    I have a shower where water is leaking through the tiles on the wall, leaving puddles on the floor. There are visibile gaps from where the tile shrunk along the lowest row of tiles right above the bathtub. Do I need to remove the tile and then recaulk, or simply recaulk where there are visible gaps? Will general purpose caulk work or do you need a specific water-resistant type of caulk? Also some of the tile is black. Do I need to remove that, or should I caulk over it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Remove any loose or moldy caulk, then re-do it with a tub & tile caulk like this.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 3, 2006, 06:09 AM
    The tub and tile caulk Rick refers to can be purchased at your local hardware store under the name, Dap White Tub and Tile Caulk. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile Shower stall leaking [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a shower stall a year ago. It has begun to leak. It is on the second floor, and I was able to open the ceiling just below it to see. The water is leaking from around the drain itself. The shower stall pan was installed with a poly sheet.. according to the directions... so that...

Tile floor shower drain leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 65 year-old Spanish style house and I have a Tile floor shower drain leaking problem. When I apply silicon around the connection of drain and tile, it temporally stop the leak, however. A couple of weeks later, it leaks again. Any advise or recommendation of a handyman will be greatly...

Water leaking out of shower head. [ 6 Answers ]

When I pull the diverter valve up the shower works fine, then I push it down I get a continuous stream of water out of the shower head. If I don't turn the shower on it takes about 2 minutes. For the water to get to the shower head while I am filling up the bath. Could this be a bad diverter valve?

Shower knobs leaking water [ 1 Answers ]

I can not stop the hot and cold water knobs in my shower from leaking water when turned on. I even replaced the complete stem unit ( think called a cartridge). Did I forget to do something?

Leaking Shower Drain Tile Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I purchased this house two years ago and at that point the stand up shower had some sort of sealant that was placed in a very sloppy manner around the drain. However the home inspector said it was OK although to me it looked like something to worry about. Well now I have a leak bad enough to...

View more questions Search