Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jubei Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2005, 08:14 AM
    Two Network cards in One computer accessing two networks..
    I was wondering if you could help me with a small problem.

I have one network card (A) accessing the internal network i.e.. Net. Printer, shared folders on other computers, and shared servers.

Another network card (B) accessing a public network address for VoIP and T1 traffic i.e.. Ports 2427-2500 & 13456 on ip address 65.55.44.33

I block all the ports on (B) except the ones I want to access VoIP.
    Yet when I try to use the internet it most often tries to use (B) instead of (A) where it has full access to the internet for browsing.

Also when the T1 card tries to communicate to the VoIP ports it tries to access it through (A) and doesn't complete because of the VLan.

The point here is that I am trying to access this computer to grab files from it on our VLan on (A), yet have the VoIP working off the public IP Address. (B)

Is there a program that can help me with this or a procedure that will work?
    Thanks
    Snails Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2005, 05:09 AM
    I'm not sure what all your terms mean (VoIP and Vlan?) and I'm not entirley clear about what you are trying to achieve but I do know that when I set up one of my computers with two network cards I had to enable my computer to act as a router and configure static pathways through the PC from one network section to another.

This was joining two network segements so I'm not sure it would help you in your problem as it would appear that one of your cards is connected to the internet but maybe this may be of some help in pointing you in the right direction.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 15, 2005, 08:04 AM
    What OS (please not MS windows :))?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xp pro network with 2 nic's on 2 networks [ 5 Answers ]

Any help would be greatly appriciated I am trying to network 5 pc's running xp pro, each has 2 nic cards, and need to access 2 different segments. The first segment consists of 5 pc's (with an assigned ip setup on one nic), wired to a gateway, and a server. (inhouse point of sale network). ...

Accessing computer on domain [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot access one of my domain member. The error message is " Network Path Was Not Found".

Accessing FTP through My Network Places [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to access a music file I've hidden on my website, but of course I can't remember what I've called it so I thought I'd access the FTP window and look for it that way, but I'm having trouble getting on it by putting in the ftp.address.net bit - it keeps timing out before the login box...

Computer networks [ 2 Answers ]

How do we send message in a lan network in NT operating system using dos prompt?

Computer networks [ 1 Answers ]

Send message in a NT network using dos prompt?

View more questions Search