Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabriele Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
    Court order
    A few years ago I purchased a kichen - I was unable to pay for it so it went to court - the company failed to reply to a court document within the allocated time so the court threw it out
    However now I have had a letter from the court to say that the company want the court order reinstated - can they do that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriele
    A few years ago I purchased a kichen - I was unable to pay for it so it went to court - the company failed to reply to a court document within the allocated time so the court threw it out
    However now I have had a letter from the court to say that the company want the court order reinstated - can they do that ??

Depending on the wording when it was "thrown out" - without prejudice means it CAN be refiled, there has been no conclusion; with prejudice means it cannot, there has been a conclusion (does not bar an appeal to a higher Court).

I'm a little confused - you say the matter was thrown out but you refer to the company wanting the Court Order reinstated - what Order? Who issued the Order and what does it say? Are you referring to a decision?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of court order [ 4 Answers ]

Ex husband took kids out of our state (maryland) on his weekend visitation to the state of PA for 2 days. I spoke to them in the evenings to say goodnight, ex told me that they were at his moms in (maryland) and I found out he lied to me. The court order states that when he wants to take them...

Moving/court order visitation [ 6 Answers ]

I am wanting to move 5 hours away from here but my 4 year old child visits with her dad every other weekend which is court ordered. I want her to still visit with her dad but I am afraid he is going to be nasty and make me stay here. I don't want to put my life on hold so what can I do?

Paying on an order from court (Civil) [ 1 Answers ]

If you have an order from court to pay someone and can't pay the full amount can you send partial payments?

Is it reasonable to not allow visitation until court order? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an unwed mother of a 20 month old. Over two weeks ago the father and I broke up and he moved out. We have major communication issues, I do not trust the father, he has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, and currently has a DUI and no license. He did not call for two weeks concerning...

Access without court order [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, can any body help me with getting access to see my son, without having to go through the courts. My X will not return my call and tonight kicked me off her property. And it looked like my son was shaking. He was shaking his head and saying no when I asked him to speak to me. If any body can...

View more questions Search