Ask
    nctays Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Statement of Cash flows
    Explain the concepts of depreciation and amortization. IN layman terms
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
    I buy a car for 20,000. Do I expense it all at once?

No, I will spread the cost out of the life of the car.

The car will last for 4 years.

Therefore I expense 5,000 each year….amortization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statement of Cash Flows [ 1 Answers ]

Classify the following cash flows as operating, investing, or financing activities: 1. Sold long-term investments for cash. 2. Received cash payments from customers. 3. Paid cash for wages and salaries. 4. Purchased inventories for cash. . 5. Paid cash dividends. 6. Issued common stock...

Statement of Cash-flows [ 1 Answers ]

The Indirect Method Millennium Technologies Income statement for the year ended December 31 2002. Revenue: Net sales………………………… $3,200,000 Interest revenue………………. 40,000 Gain on sales of marketable securities….. ...

Statement of Cash Flows [ 1 Answers ]

Question: A company obtained a new building by issuing a combination of common stock and bonds payable. Regarding the statement of cash flows, how would this transaction be reported? a. On a separate schedule accompanying the statement of cash flows b. On a statement of cash flows as both an...

Which is not a purpose of the Statement od Cash Flows [ 1 Answers ]

Questions is: Which of the following is not one of purposes of the statement of cash flows? a. To provide information concerning the business reasons as to what caused the changes in the company's cash and cash equivalents during the accounting period in question? b. To provide information about...

View more questions Search