Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildheat Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Space cartoon movie
    As a kid, I saw a cartoon movie set in space. There is very little I remember about it but one thing I do know is I liked it very much and hoped I could catch it on TV again.
    It started with an upside down shot of two guys in some kind of a space vehicle. I think they were eating something. The movie was about a guy whose name I can't spell but it was something like Taren or Taron. There was something about this guy and a sword. When he had the sword he was awesome. I think the sword could be used only with good intention. I remember once he was trying but couldn't pull the sword out of the ground. Then a little later the sword comes out by itself and comes into his hand. He had a sister or girlfriend who tried to tell him the right things. I think he could also run at lightening speed sometimes too (may be because of the sword's powers or something). And I think in one part there was a giant ball (don't really remember what it was) that he was trying to avoid or fight.

I know there's not much information here but if someone happened to see this cartoon film and knows the title, please help me out. Thanks!
    SixTails Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Is it this? The hero's name is Orin, and there's a sword involved.

Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1985)

Mar 14, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SixTails
    Is it this? The hero's name is Orin, and there's a sword involved.

Starchaser: The Legend of Orin (1985)
    That story is pretty close. Even the name of the hero is very similar, though I'm pretty sure it started with the letter T.
    But it wasn't a star wars kind of adventure. It started in a very light manner and then things started to get serious as the hero slowly began to realize the significance of the sword. And it's probably from the mid 80s like the one you've found. Thanks for looking. I wish I remembered more about this cartoon film and I guess if someone hasn't seen it, it would be tough to find. I hope you or someone else can still find it.
    Thanks again!
    SixTails Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Okay, got a couple more ideas on the swords and space theme-

Blackstar (TV series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Galtar and the Golden Lance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thundarr the Barbarian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any of these ring a bell? They're all series instead of movies, but sometimes it's easy to get them confused when they were seen a long time ago. Blackstar's the only one I know of offhand that starts in space and ends up with medieval elements, but the other two have some futuristic stuff going. Also, I think they all have a female character as companion or advisor.

May 8, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Hey thanks again for looking. I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier because I was studying for exams.

No, I'm pretty sure it was not a series. I remember coming back from school and turning on the TV to find a special airing for children. I was tired and was supposed to go to sleep but decided to watch the cartoon. It turned out to be way too long and I realized it was no ordinary 20-minute cartoon. But I was hooked and despite mom telling me to go to sleep, I kept watching. A few months later, I saw the Transformers movie and it was then that I realized there's such a thing as cartoon movies.

Thanks again for looking around. I really appreciate that you're trying to help.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Titan A.E.?
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Jul 5, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheat
    As a kid, I saw a cartoon movie set in space. There is very little I remember about it but one thing I do know is I liked it very much and hoped I could catch it on TV again.
    It started with an upside down shot of two guys in some kind of a space vehicle. I think they were eating something. The movie was about a guy whose name I can't spell but it was something like Taren or Taron. There was something about this guy and a sword. When he had the sword he was awesome. I think the sword could be used only with good intention. I remember once he was trying but couldn't pull the sword out of the ground. Then a little later the sword comes out by itself and comes into his hand. He had a sister or girlfriend who tried to tell him the right things. I think he could also run at lightening speed sometimes too (may be because of the sword's powers or something). And I think in one part there was a giant ball (don't really remember what it was) that he was trying to avoid or fight.

I know there's not much information here but if someone happened to see this cartoon film and knows the title, please help me out. Thanks!
    Could it be this:

``The Black Cauldron'' is a quest movie, telling the story of Taran's progress toward manhood, his journey through the kingdom, and his race against the Horned King for possession of the cauldron by the use of his magic sword.

Jul 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
    No, I just went through details of both Titan A.E. and The Black Cauldron. Unfortunately neither is what I'm looking for. As I remember it was sort of a sci-fi cartoon movie set in outer space. I have searched through IMDb but haven't found anything.

Thanks guys for your efforts. I appreciate all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by dias06
    cud it be this:

``The Black Cauldron'' is a quest movie, telling the story of Taran's progress toward manhood, his journey through the kingdom, and his race against the Horned King for possession of the cauldron by the use of his magic sword.
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 12, 2007, 12:53 AM
    "the secret of the sword"

Nov 24, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dias06
    "the secret of the sword"
    No, that's not it either :(
    Thanks again for trying :)
    esha123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 05:47 PM
    This carton sooo stupit because it disat say my name

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon movie with 2 mice [ 7 Answers ]

I saw a movie when I was young, either late 70's or maybe even early 80's that had 2 cartoon mice in it. There was a girl and boy mouse, there was an evil mouse who turned out to be the devil... he (the devil) made a deal with them and they became famous... or something like that. People have...

Cartoon movie from when I was a kid [ 2 Answers ]

I don't remember too much about this movie but except there was two mice I think and there was a bird and I think his name was alcatraz... and the bird was kind of coo coo and he flew the two mice somewhere that they needed to go.. if anyone could help that would be great..

Looking for the name of a cartoon movie [ 1 Answers ]

That I saw it when I was a kid. The main character was a cobbler named "tack" and it took place in the middle east. There was a massive army that he defeated with just one tack causing a domino effect of sorts,I think. And I'm pretty sure there was a thief character that was trying to steal 3...

Old cartoon movie, maybe 80's [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, all I remember about this (because I was about 4 years old when I used to watch it) was that it was a cartoon, very roundy and cute style drawings, it had these 2 kids, brother and sister I think, who lived at home, and they would eat 'magic' cookies and go into their fridge and end up...

View more questions Search