Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BobKusnirik Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Heil Furnace Has Extra Dangling Wire for Terminal Block
    I have a Heil 20 + Year Old Natural Gas Furnace Model NUGE125BH02 with a York Air Conditioner of same age. Just replaced filter and saw a Red Wire Dangling with 'Move to Change Cooling Speed' on it. The furnace diagram does not show a red wire. Only Violet and Yellow and White Ground. I don't know if I pulled the red off when I changed the filter or if was always loose. My Yellow is attached to the Hi Setting, the Violet is to the interlock, unlike the manual. The White Ground is OK. The Red Wire is just dangling. Should I attach it to the Med/Hi Setting or let it just dangle? The Heater works fine. Thanks in advance... Bob
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2010, 05:37 PM
    Most blowers work at 2 speeds, one for heat and one for air. If you are happy BOTH speeds are running as expected, put a wire nut on the red wire and tape it out of the way. However, this may be the wire for the AC side since you say the heater works fine. Look to see if you see any wire pieces under the med/Hi setting nut, which is usually used for AC. If so, connect the red to it.

Nov 29, 2010, 09:53 PM
    Thank you. There is no nut just a push on connector. It can put it on med/Hi if it will not do any damage. Thanks for responding.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Comment on BobKusnirik's post
    Hope we were helpful. You can "tip" me by checking YES-is this helpful in my posting. Brian

Nov 30, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Comment on BobKusnirik's post
    Thank you Brian.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring - Green Wire to B terminal [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced an old Honeywell mercury thermostat with these series of letters and numbers on the inside: HB2 T222A 1012 1 with a new RTH2300. There were 3 wires in the old thermostat, red connecting to R, white connecting to W, and a green wire connecting to B. Where do I put the green wire in...

How much wire should be in contact with a terminal screw? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm attaching a thermostat, and have the correct wires to the correct terminals, but because I'm a bit afraid of electricity, and therefore don't know much, I'm not sure how much of the stripped wire needs to be in contact with the terminal. Also, the wire seems all snug, but the minute I start to...

I have a new blower motor with a extra wire,what do I do with this wire.Going from 3 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new blower motor for my furnace,The old blower motor was a 3 speed and new motor is a 4 speed.The place I bought it told me to hook up white on white,black on black,red on red.And leave the orange wire hanging.I have no high speed for the ac.Is there some where I need to install the...

Connecting a #14 stranded wire to a #8 screw terminal [ 4 Answers ]

What are 5 products that could be used to connect a #14 stranded wire to a #8 screw terminal?

Yikes! Does the blue thermostat wire go to the C terminal? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to install a Honeywell RTH7600 programmable thermostat. I've detached my old thermostat, and I'm trying to figure out how to match up the wires. It's heat and air conditioning, and the old thermostat was a pretty basic, older round variety (also honeywell). Problem is that I...

View more questions Search